The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » UFC 97 Redemption (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
This event I am looking forward to. The last couple I have felt pretty "Meh" about. The card is as follows

Main Card

Middleweight Championship bout: Anderson Silva vs. Thales Leites

There has been nothing that tells me that shows that Thales Leites is anywhere near ready for this fight or stands a chance. A what, split decision against Nate Marquardt? He hasn't fought any top level guys. I'll be nice and say that this will make it to the second round...

Light Heavyweight bout: Chuck Liddell vs. Mauricio Rua

This interests me. I hope that Chuck learned something with his time spent at American Top Team. I really do. He shouldn't have brought Hackleman with him there though. Chuck, he is going though a tough time right now. Looks like he's on his way out. I am hoping ATT has changed that. Everyone's wise to Chuck's game now, the sport has evolved and he's lagging behind. As for Shogun, I can't use his fight with Coleman as a reference. How that got fight of the night is beyond me. I remember thinking he looked too tired when that fight was done. And his fight with Forrest didn't impress me either. I'd like Chuck to win, but I don't see it happening. Only way I could see that happening is if Shogun gets too aggressive and Chuck reverts back to his bread and butter counter striking, which isn't as sharp as it use to be. I don't know, a little hard for me to call (that's why I like it), perhaps a 3rd round stoppage win for Shogun.

Heavyweight bout: Cheick Kongo vs. Antoni Hardonk

I am predicting at least 3 low blows by Kongo. But I think this will be close. I can't see either of them KOing the other. I don't see either of them subing the other either. This is going to decision IMO. Probably a split decision for Kongo.

Light Heavyweight bout: Steve Cantwell vs. Luiz Arthur Cane

Well if this goes to the ground I'll be a little surprised. They both seem to prefer to stand and bang. Althought Cantwell has submitted guys. I have only see a couple of his fights in the WEC, of which I think he was the HW champ. I doubt this will make it to the 3rd. So I am thinking a TKO late 2nd round for... Cane. Little more experience.

Light Heavyweight bout: Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Brian Stann

This is just a guess based on stats. I am thinking Stann via TKO 2nd or early 3rd.

Preliminary Card

Light Heavyweight bout: Eliot Marshall vs. Vinicius Magalhães

I am going with Eliot, simply because Vinny never impressed me in the slightest bit.

Middleweight bout: Denis Kang vs. Xavier Foupa-Pokam

*flips a coin* Denis Kang FTW

Middleweight bout: Jason MacDonald vs. Nate Quarry

I don't think Nate is back, or every will be. He seems to be on a steady decline. But this has the chance of being a very good 3 round fight IMO, or a T/KO for Jason.

Middleweight bout: David Loiseau vs. Ed Herman

I'm so excited! I like Loiseau. Although he's never seemed the same after the beating Franklin put on him. Seemed a little gun shy, which I think he's coming out of, hopefully. I haven't see any of his fights since. Best Ed can hope for is to grind out a decision win. But I don't think he'll be able to. But Ed is on a 2 fight losing streak. But This is David's first fight back in the UFC since Sept 06. So I think he's going to want to make an impression. Probably a late 2nd early 3rd T/KO

Lightweight bout: Mark Bocek vs. David Bielkheden

Bocek via submission 2nd round.

Welterweight bout: Ryo Chonan vs. TJ Grant

Never heard of or seen TJ Grant before. I'll be pulling for him. Canadians gotta stick together. But I am thinking CHonan via decision.

Lightweight bout: Sam Stout vs. Matt Wiman

This has the possibility to be a good fight also. Tough call, but I think Stout can pull off a win. He's been in a decision rut it seems.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Dioxippus
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Dioxippus
I was really disappointed with the fights. It's always a crap shoot but I thought it turned out pretty bad.

I think Chuck is done and I think your analysys was good. He's had his ticket punched too many times I think.

The main event was a disgrace. In some leagues they would have docked the pay of both fighters fro non-performance. I can understand Silva not wanting to get caught, but he used to be much more aggressive. Ou can't really blame Leites, everyone knew his only chance was to get it on the ground...But that was a joke.

Felt bad for Brian Stann. I like Krzysztof, but I was pulling for Stann. He had such a hot start in the WEC, but now he's getting a dose of reality.

Too bad about Loiseau.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » UFC 97 Redemption (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL