The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gosple Message "Con" Games (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JIMclubber64
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of JIMclubber64
Yes, that's right. I want to know if anyone has some good gospel aplications for the con games like 3 Card Monte, The Shell Game, or any other con games that might be out there (I think Fast and Loose is a name of another one?). I did search and didn't really find anything, so if I missed a good thread about this topic already, I apologize. Thanks for your help,
JIMC64
"Magic should always have a purpose. [...] Find your purpose for performing. Only then will you be able to find the right trick!" -- Jay Noblezada
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Put in the search box "Mikame Ghost Ball" --- I received some Gospel application comments on that topic before on The Magic Café from several FCMers. The Mikame Ghost Ball is basically a rigged stage size version of the three shell game. Roger from http://www.ChristianMagician.org
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Wow...I was just going to post a similar item after speaking with a Café member directly.

I have Harry Anderson's "Three Card Prince," a smaller version of his famous "Three Card Monarch." In a nutshell, you have a QC, KH, and AS which, after the usual monte moves you end up with all cards being KH. I initally regarded Adam as KH, Eve as QC, but the obvious is that Jesus should be the climax with all cards becoming Him (KH). In its own it is a powerful routine...any non-secular ideas would be appreciated. Glad I'm not the only one thinking along these lines.

And JIMC64, welcome to the Café. Strap yourself in!
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
How about.........

"We all get to make choices in life." {Spec chooses card or shell} "Some good, some bad." (To Spec, "You just made a bad choice"). [Repeat as needed.]

"However there is one correct choice we can make that will change our lives". [Allow Spec to make correct choice]

If you could switch a tiny cross for the pea here it would have a strong impact. Similar switch for 3-card Monte may be possible using a "Christ card" like those available from Dock Haley.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Nice, Doug...

Would love to have a "Christ card," but these are more than-jumbo cards, and even if they were available, I don't know how I could make a switch with such a large card... but your "choices" angle is just the thing I needed to get my thinking going in another direction. Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
I am thinking along the line of the following; available from Daytona Magic and Dock Haley Magic.

Product Description

This is a Three Card Monte with a Gospel punch. Three regular playing cards are shown. Two spot cards and a "king of Hearts" in the center. When you lay the three cards face down on the table, you have a spectator put his finger on the "King of Hearts" or the center card. When this chosen card is turned over it turns out to be a picture of Christ, the original "King of Hearts."

BRIDGE SIZE CARDS
JUMBO SIZE CARDS
STAGE SIZE CARDS 10" x 14"

.Doug
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
How about playing it straight and talk about how the Devil is trying to con us. He comes as an angel of light, but while he's got you looking in one direction he's trying to do you in.

Or

If you're trying to play games with the devil, you'll never win...(or playing games with Steve)
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Look at David Ginn's Colourful Magic dvd from the FCM2006.

He did Three Water Monte - using three cups, water and a surprise ending.

Works really well, the kids are on the edge of their seats trying to guess which cup contains water.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
785 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
For my 2 cents worth, I use the Gospel 3 card monte from Dock Haley" King of Hearts" and combine it with "Eternal Life Assurance Policy." Lesson patter along the lines of: This is an old gamblers swindle done on the streets of big cities etc. Life is a gamble. You are not sure of what will happen tomorrow or even today. That's why people purchase this, Life Insurance... Read conditions out loud printed on policy. Have spectator select the card in the middle for K of Hts. Reveal the real King that should be in your heart for life assurance.
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gosple Message "Con" Games (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL