The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » My favourite plot (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Hey guys, just thought I'd share again. My favourite plot is one in which a prediction is made by toss out or selection unseen and after some procedure ( spelling or counting or deal stoppage), three mates are turned up. Then the original card is shown to be the fourth mate. I love this plot. I don't want to give away the ones I do most often but the serious card student will know them anyway... maybe. Anyway Larry Jennings has a couple great ones so does Dai Vernon. Ackerman too. My new favourite, and I say new because I must have overlooked it for the past 20 years is a KILLER from Harry Lorayne's Deck-sterity. This is one of my favourite card books of all time. But hey, like Harry always wrote, "try these effects with cards in hand". And I always did, but this one slipped by me all this time, shame on me, now I gotta new gem.

Magicfish
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Just checked my Deck-Sterity section of LORAYNE: THE CLASSIC COLLECTION, Volume 1, Magicfish, and there are actually two or three of my routines therein that'd fit your plot description, or could be made to do so. Interesting - this happens so often, and has over the decades - people telling me that they've found gems they overlooked in one or other of my books. I myself had to just go over the table of contents of THE CLASSIC COLLECTION to see which item you meant. (Never mind the "memory" jokes, I've heard them all, MANY times - I've written too many books to try to remember which is where and what's what!). Best - HARRY L.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Hi Harry, guess maybe there was more I may have overlooked- nothing a few beers and a close-up mat won't solve!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » My favourite plot (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL