The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Andrew Maynes Wizard School (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
I recived this product last Friday and have watched it three times since! I have to say Broomflight and the small touches he adds in the video/DvD really are worth the price of the video/DvD. Along with that is a cool impromptu effect with your hands only and another effect I really like is producing tons of stuff from an empty sheet of paper looks really cool.

It is very impressive and the DvD is VERY entertaining I cannot recomend this video more.

VHS and DVD versions can be bought
http://www.wizard-school.com

Take care,
Kyle
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
Do you have to use paypal? If so, do I just go to paypal.com?
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
Well yes, but if you E-Mail Andrew he accepts Money Orders and I believe checks.
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
You can also get it at H&R Books

http://www.magicbookshop.com/cgi-bin/warehouse/perlshop.cgi?action=ENTER&thispage=psdbi%2Fhome.html&ORDER_ID=!ORDERID!

Not employed by H&R just a very satisfied customer.
Smile
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
Good point. You can ask dealers for it. Most have it or should, and if not, they can order it. I just prefer to support the creator of the effects (whoever it may be) directly.

Take care,
Kyle
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Just watched Wizard School and I would say it is good for the beginner. To most people in magic that have been at it for awhile save your money.
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
I watched the preview, looks very professional, but I had to ask myself if it is legal. Smile I know some magicians that were doing "Harry Potter" and were asked to stopped or get sued! mmmm

As far as the DVD, I'm sure it will be good. Andrew knows his stuff.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
As far as the DVD, I'm sure it will be good. Andrew knows his stuff.
[/quote]
Watch the dvd and then post on it. He might know his stuff but it didn't come through on this video. I have gotten other items from Andrew and they were better than this.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2003-08-04 23:13, phantomace wrote:
I watched the preview, looks very professional, but I had to ask myself if it is legal. Smile I know some magicians that were doing "Harry Potter" and were asked to stopped or get sued! mmmm

Okay. Here's the deal on this kind of problem. If you don't have permission from the people who own the rights to a character, you can't perform as that character. For example, you can't advertise that you are performing as Harry Potter, Dumbledore, Hermione Grainger, or any of the Harry Potter crew. Nor can you call your show "A Trip on the Hogwarts Express."

However, you can use words like "Wizard's School," because those phrases are generic and not legally protectable.

You can also use props that you purchase that have Harry Potter logos on them -- you just can't make your own.

A lot of people got into trouble doing Barney, various Star Wars characters, etc. Sometimes the people who own the rights to these things will actually call down the list of magicians in the Yellow Pages and attempt to book people who "do a Harry Potter show." Don't fall for it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
I don't have many tricks very suitable for younger kids. My step-mom says that parents would get mad at me when thier kids hurt themselves trying what I did. Would this be a good source of magic for kids I could do at a party?
The great Sandwich!
indridcold
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of indridcold
Andrew Mayne actually talked about this on his show.

He told about how his friends children had been asking about how to stick pencils through their faces and things, and so decided he needed something kid-friendly, for both magicians and kids to do. This also happened at a time when he did some impromptu wand magic with a boys Harry Potter wand, and so he decided to run with that theme.

Things here can deffinatly be used for kids, and they will be really impressed if you use a wizard plot.

One of my favourite ideas that I received from the DVD was the animated matchbox. He uses a presentation of an invisible goblin trying to steal a little peice of gold inside of the box, but I prefer to use a 'magical creatures' theme. A small invisible beatle has been brought along, and the closing up of the light holes in the top of the box forces the beatle to escape the darkness. This sort of thing can turn a little trick like an opening matchbox into a peice of magic that can really grap a kids imagination. Plus, these are easy as HECK to do.

The production is a very, very clever production as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Andrew Maynes Wizard School (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL