The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Rude Surprise for Taxpayers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
So they are getting more back now than they should, and will have to repay the extra next year? That's a pretty good deal if I correctly understand this, so long as the taxpayers are educated on the issue and responsible and bank the money for a year. Heck, even if they just use it to temporarily pay down credit card debt they are ahead of the game.

Of course, most will probably not do this.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Balducci, you're Canadian, so I'm guessing you've never paid taxes in America. I don't know how the tax code works up there, but there's a reason why the IRS is universally despised down here. To me, it's not at all surprising that they're not bothering to fix their tax tables. Unfortunately, Obama's going to get the blame, despite the fact he's actually giving people tax cuts.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'm getting a big chunk back. I was pretty tickled until I read that article.
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Quote:
On 2009-05-01 01:07, EsnRedshirt wrote:
Balducci, you're Canadian, so I'm guessing you've never paid taxes in America. I don't know how the tax code works up there, but there's a reason why the IRS is universally despised down here. To me, it's not at all surprising that they're not bothering to fix their tax tables. Unfortunately, Obama's going to get the blame, despite the fact he's actually giving people tax cuts.

LOL Dude, if this were Bush you'd slap him in the mouth yourself. Seriously.

I think it's just one more thing, but w/e.
.:Michael Kelley
On the Level, By the Square
Slartibartfast
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Illinois
230 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfast
So that explains it. Thanks for the link - I was unaware that he had fiddled with the withholding tables. I believe Reagan did something similar back in the 80's.

I am one of those people who try to get back as little as possible so I adjust my withholdings every year after I do my taxes. Because I am losing some deductions I had lowered my exemptions but the difference turned out to be negligible. I wasn't sure why at the time, but now I see that it would have taken effect the same time as this. Taxes are complicated enough without them changing the rules midstream - I wish they would either just leave it alone or go to a flat rate.

"If ten percent is good enough for Jesus, it ought to be enough for Uncle Sam."
If you can pull it off in a biker bar without being violated by a corn dog, more power to you.
-- Gwyd, the Unusual

"YOUR Signature...speaks volumns (sic) as to your lack of understanding."
--T.V.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2009-05-01 01:07, EsnRedshirt wrote:
Unfortunately, Obama's going to get the blame, despite the fact he's actually giving people tax cuts.

Your sense of understanding is tremendous and never ceases to amaze me. Would it be great if you could find that sort of compassion for those who disagree with you?

Seriously man. This in my view is absolutly wrong with our country. EVERYTHING our guy does is right, and everything the other guy does is EVIL. Great illustration.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Danny, not true. I don't agree with everything Obama's done. I just don't complain so much about the stuff I don't like, because I'm happy with the stuff I do agree with.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Comfy cozy! Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2009-05-01 10:32, EsnRedshirt wrote:
Danny, not true. I don't agree with everything Obama's done. I just don't complain so much about the stuff I don't like, because I'm happy with the stuff I do agree with.

How is this different from what I said? It IS the problem. You are willing to let things be wrong because some things are right.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Rude Surprise for Taxpayers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL