The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Buggy Car Crystal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic4u1
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Magic4u1
Last week bought Buggy Car Crystal on Ebay
Strong Effect - highly recommended !

Here the description
A Card Worker's Classic Routine!
If you saw this on TV you would be sure it was a camera trick!
A spectator freely selects a card and returns it to the deck, & shuffles into the deck. Spread the cards face down on the table.

Explain you'll find their selected card in a very clever manner..
You push the Crystal Car Buggy across the face-down cards.

The Car Buggy stops on 1 card locking it's brakes!
This card is turned over, it's the selected card!
Its clear Heavy Plastic, clear Crystal .
NO FORCE - EASY TO DO
Magic4u1
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Magic4u1
Risetti
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Risetti
Huge effect, but is not original, get dick koornwinder´s original effect.
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Risetti is right about the Koornwinder car. The ultimate routine with this is the one done by Juan Tamariz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHq5z3ZkTyU

Bob Phillips
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Apparently the Crystal Car is a knockoff, then. Too bad, because the see-through aspect really does seem to add something to the effect, IMO. It adds a layer of apparent innocence to the prop.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The little wooden block toy car of Koornwinder is innocent looking. I used mine for years at parties with auto racing folks and they loved it. Never suspected anything.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

That's good to hear Pete. To spectators inclined to be suspicious or analytical, though, don't you think the transparent car effectively sends the message, "no electronics inside"? It seems to close off the most logical explanation for the effect, particularly in an age when so many toys and electronics operate by remote control.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On 2009-12-04 06:39, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
That's good to hear Pete. To spectators inclined to be suspicious or analytical, though, don't you think the transparent car effectively sends the message, "no electronics inside"? It seems to close off the most logical explanation for the effect, particularly in an age when so many toys and electronics operate by remote control.

remember, not only does the car find the card...the car stops IN THEIR HANDS! two-fold killer. the only reason they might say electronics is because they don't have a clue!
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Don't know the original source/manufacturer of the Buggy Car Crystal, but it MAY be a rip-off not only of Dick Koornwinder, but of the real originator of the clear Lucite version as I have one from the mid 1970s when the "crystal" version was first introduced in addition to one of the wooden Koornwinder originals.
Dick Christian
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-12-04 10:58, the Sponge wrote:

remember, not only does the car find the card...the car stops IN THEIR HANDS! two-fold killer. the only reason they might say electronics is because they don't have a clue!

Right, but some spectators might suspect an electronically activated braking system - a line of thinking that the transparent car convincingly precludes. At one time, such considerations might have constituted running without being chased, but kids' toys nowadays have more computing power than the Apollo program.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Buggy Car Crystal (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL