The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Lock picking (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Maynooth
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
105 Posts

Profile of Maynooth
The February issue of the Linking Ring has an ad for a lock picking course. Video, tools, etc. Has anyone had a look at this and if so is it any good?

Thanks for your time.
Maynooth
The race is long and in the end it is only with one's self.
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
No, but Cannon's Great Escapes has a handcuff picking course http://www.cannonsgreatescapes.com or you can always purchase a good locksmith course from the Foley-Belsaw Institute. They teach you all the basics of locks, how to pick them, make keys, purchase picks from them, etc. It is a very good start for any escape artist. I might dare say that it should be "required" because of the depth of information that they teach, and the hands-on practice that you get as you progress in the course.

Joe Marotta
Maynooth
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
105 Posts

Profile of Maynooth
Joe,
Thanks for that, the Cannon site looks great and I'll check out Foley-Belsaw Inst. I appreciate the reply.

cheers
Maynooth Smile
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Maynooth, I am a locksmith in Victoria Australia, drop me a line at imccoll@sympac.com.au and I will answer your lock picking questions.

regards

Ian
MrHonesty
View Profile
New user
USA
52 Posts

Profile of MrHonesty
For some general study and theory of lock picking the following site may be useful:

http://gregmiller.net/locks/

I was able to pick a padlock within about 20 minutes of reading through the manual. Hope this is a good start.

Andy
Lloyd McDonald
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Lloyd McDonald
Thanks for the good links.
Maynooth
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
105 Posts

Profile of Maynooth
Thanks for all the good info guys. I'll be burning the midnight oil reading this.

cheers
Maynooth
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Lock picking (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL