The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Transparent Cups - Antonio Romero (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
From the Stevens Magic website -

Transparent Cups (Romero) (DVD)

A FABULOUS EXCLUSIVE FROM STEVENS MAGIC, we are very proud to present this to the magic fraternity——Antonio Romero's smash hit at 2009 Vegas Seminar and the most original & unique routine seen in years! A stunning routine of unparallel talent! The cups and balls with CLEAR GLASSES-TRANSPARENT CUPS! Antonio breaks new ground in close up magic with this effect! What an idea & what entertainment! QUOTE JOE STEVENS; "In my lifetime, I've seen some of the greatest "CUPS N BALL" routines performed by Dai Vernon, Mike Ammar, John Thompson, Charlie Miller, Johnny Paul and the many others with brilliant routines and moves & sleights. Antonio's routine is smashing and completely blew me away! You don't need an expensive set of cups for the cups and balls routine! Antonio has simplified it and oh how he has done it!" THIS IS A MUST FOR ALL MAGICIANS! YOU CAN ALWAYS BE READY ANYWHERE OR ANYTIME TO PERFORM THE CLASSIC OF MAGIC! ALL YOU NEED IS A FEW ARTICLES TO WORK WITH AND ANY GLASSES OR CUPS! "ANTONIO BREAKS NEW GROUND IN CLOSE-UP MAGIC. WHAT A FABULOUS IDEA; ARTURO DI ASCANIO Don't miss this item! Even if you don't do the Cups & Balls routine, you will want to enjoy the miracles that Antonio created with the number one classic effect in magic world!
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Here's a great performance with clear cups.(Jason Latimer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9ie6Tfa_zI

Best,
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Yeah, that is pretty. Nice use of the contact juggling balls, too.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I mistakenly picked up this DVD quick but was disappointed because I thought it was the Jason Latimer version which I've been dying to do. Anyone have news about a release on this or where I may learn it? Please PM me ASAP. Nothing against the Antonio Romero version...it's just not what I thought it would be.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I seriously doubt Jason Latimer will release his version.
You would need a severely gimmicked table to do his.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
nachotuoni
View Profile
New user
Ecuador
59 Posts

Profile of nachotuoni
I believe Jason's routine is purely magic. Best C&B performance I've ever seen.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On 2009-05-13 00:24, Xiqual wrote:
I seriously doubt Jason Latimer will release his version.
You would need a severely gimmicked table to do his.
James

Actually not true. There is nothing wrong at the table actually unless he has changed the routine Smile However you will need table to cover all the switches behind it but the cups and balls portion of the act can be really done with any table as long as you have right cups and certain type balls.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Any information/review of the routine this thread is about Smile

Latimer's is great, but I would like to know more about Romero's.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Check the Steven's Magic website again - there's a performance video posted now. It looks like an amazing, fresh routine.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
I've only seen the demo, Its not a cups and balls routine in the usual sense but it is fresh and truly entertaining to watch. Can't say that I am going to rush out and buy it, but it is something I would like to own.
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
When you're excited about a Rolls Royce it hard to muster enthusiasm for a Ford.
Magoantonio
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Magoantonio
You can see Most impressive Cups and balls (Chop Cup) routines
Ray Ouellette
View Profile
Regular user
Ottawa, Canada
114 Posts

Profile of Ray Ouellette
Does anyone do the Romero routine? I really like it a lot and I am working on it but I cannot get the gimmick to work properly. I have tried many different solutions but cannot get the gimmick to work reliably. If anyone is doing this routine please PM me how you constructed the gimmicked ball.

Thanks in advance
"Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice"
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Anyone know if there are any restrictions with the glassware used? And could you fashion the cover on-the-fly?

It has a nice impromptu feel to it. Just wondering how impromptu it actually is.

Reviews from those who have it would be great.

Also, how does it compare to the recently released Chop Glass?
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Transparent Cups - Antonio Romero (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL