The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » Renaissance Costumes (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
504 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations,

Of a certainty, Ekuth, by all means determine where the lines are drawn, and go straight to the source to find out. However, I have discovered that what is acceptable for the cast of the event and what is acceptable for contract performers can be different, sometimes night and day different, depending on the ED, the entertainer, and the cast. Never hurts to ask, particularly if you're shooting for a cast role. That being the case, Ekuth's advise is solid. No sense in buying a Pendragon Doublet that you won't be allowed to wear because it's above one's station.

My recommendation, other than the footwear comments, was directed to those working as contract entertainers for renfests. Cast members generally fall under a different, sometimes more draconian set of rules. But never go cheap on footwear! Seriously! Don't do it. You've been warned!

Joe Zeman aka
The Mage Ulysses
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2015, MagiUlysses wrote:
But never go cheap on footwear! Seriously! Don't do it. You've been warned!

Do you have favorite makers for high-quality footwear?
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
I've had these exact boots for over 10 years. Worth every penny, and so are the other boots from this manufacturer.

http://www.scaboots.com/Mens-Sir-Henry-L......p_1.html

Still want to put good insoles in them, so order a half size larger if you can. Their sizes run pretty dead on, and tend toward the larger end, if anything.

I wouldn't part with mine for all the Tea in China.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
504 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses

Nativeearth (sp) and Son of Sandlar come to mind, but there are others. Best bet, ask around. Every major event has a good boot maker or two. The performers should steer you in the direction of the good ones and steer you clear of the cheapos. Support your local merchants.

Just my $.02 (USD) worth. YMMV.

Joe Zeman aka
The Mage Ulysses
R. Steiner
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of R. Steiner
Http://www.nativearth.net/ for foorwear. I love my boots from them.
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
504 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses

Well met! They have a solid, well-earned reputation. I've never heard anyone worth listening to complain about nativearth footwear.

Joe Zeman aka
The Mage Ulysses
MagicDan3333
View Profile
New user
Sun Prairie, WI
38 Posts

Profile of MagicDan3333
It is also important to find material that will breathe if you are working outdoors. Some costumes might look nice but not comfortable to wear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » Renaissance Costumes (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL