The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fakini ball color (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I would like to purchase a set of 1.75" fakini mult balls. My preference would be a set in neon pink. In the various internet sources I have found they usually show a photo of balls that look pink to my eye but in the ordering form it will say red or rocket red. I don't have a local source to look at first hand and I can't find contact info to ask Frank himself, so I thought our experts here would surely know. So are the fakini balls actually pink or red? Kind of pricey to buy a set and discover I am not pleased with the color.
P.S. - I own a white set but am developing a routine where pink would work nicely and also just need a little variety in my life.

Thanks,
Bill
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
What about starting with the white balls and use a color change to a pink one.

To answer the question Bill, the balls are pink. To be exact they are in the color of magenta. Do a wikipedia internet search to see the difference between red, pink and magenta.

Hope this helps.

Oliver.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Fakini has rocket red which is pinkish and they have magenta which is a really nice color.

I use white, orange, magenta, green, blue fakini

all beautiful colors.

I don't use red or yellow.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Thanks Frank and Oliver, this color question makes me realize its probably a situation where you could ask 10 people and get 10 different answers. It really doesn't matter what our personal color definitions are, or what may even be considered "standard", because the person in charge of naming the colors may decide to name them something entirely different and in this case that is Frank, the owner of Fakini.

Now Oliver, you stated that you think of pink as being magenta, someone else may think of it as being purple. Fakini does sell both a red and magenta but when it comes to Fakini I think Frank is correct. The red is really pink, the magenta is closer to purple.

Frank, you say the rocket red balls are "pinkish" but in every photo I have seen they appear to me to be a very hot pink. Now how could Frank call pink as "rocket red" for all these years? Seems like he would be constantly having to return orders to people who are expecting the traditional color of red billiard balls (which magicians have all seen for a hundred years) and receiving pink ones.

Does anyone have contact info for Frank Radtke so I can get further info from him?

Thanks,
Bill
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-05-14 13:10, videoman wrote:
The red is really pink, the magenta is closer to purple.

The magenta is not purple. It's lighter than that. Light Purple. Dark Pink.
It's really a great color. Purple has "blue" in it. This does not.

I don't think it matters what you get as long as you're not using
yellow and white or red and magenta at the same time.

I think you'd be happy with them all.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2009-05-14 13:20, Frank Starsini wrote:

The magenta is not purple. It's lighter than that. Light Purple. Dark Pink.
It's really a great color. Purple has "blue" in it. This does not.

Well, I suppose that's my point Frank. By definition, magenta is made up of red and blue, so if this has no blue in it then it technically shouldn't be called magenta. I do agree with Oliver's earlier post, the pink balls would be closer to magenta than red. In fact they may be, I'm still not 100% certain I'm clear on Frank's color naming scheme. But no matter, don't want to get too deeply into semantics here and they are all very nice colors. Interesting to note how subjective we all are when it comes to colors.

Thanks again,
Bill
1bigbuddha
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of 1bigbuddha
Quote:
On 2009-05-14 05:00, Frank Starsini wrote:

I use white, orange, magenta, green, blue fakini

all beautiful colors.

I don't use red or yellow.

Thanks for all the posts Frank. I've read quite a few and often find them helpful. Is there a reason why you don't use red or yellow? I'm about to order a set and I'm trying to decide which color to get.
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
FYI, once in a while Frank does a run that comes out like bubble gum pink. Ask Denny to keep his eyes open. They don't come around too often.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Unless you need a red/pink/whatever color shell, you can add a lot of color to your routine just by buying colored bouncy balls. they have great colors and they feel just like Fakini's to me. You just won't have a matching shell. they cost a few bucks.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

They feel nothing like fakini's to me JJ but if they feel that way to you, your're a lucky guy Smile
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Just wondering what colors has the Fakini balls been sold so far. Are those rare colors still available?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If you write Fakini he will send you samples of his colors, these are tiny over flow from the mold process of all his colors. Send a few dollars for his postage costs. He is a nice and helpfull man.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Denny is your best source on this information and colors. He keeps a good stock of the balls.

He told me Frank developed a true red color for the movie "The Illusionist". It was a special formulation for the color but the movie industry does not care about cost.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, Bill and Richard, for the info. Appreciate it.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
You've got me second guessing now, Frank. I think they basically handle the same for me. Maybe they are a tad heavier but they seem to grip just as well for finger rolls, etc. Maybe I am lucky after all.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

If that's the case JJ, don't look back. Keep doing what you're doing, take all that money you've saved and, well, send it to me. You know my address. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fakini ball color (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL