The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Levent's Color Changing Half-Dyed Silk DVD and Gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr Phil
View Profile
Regular user
Tilton, New Hampshire
160 Posts

Profile of Mr Phil
Comes complete with the silks and Levent’s special Dye Tube and instructional DVD.

This routine is performed with a single special dye tube and with NO body loads whatsoever.

The magician starts and ends the routine with his hands clean!

On the comprehensive 50 minute long DVD, Levent teaches the history of the color changing silk trick and explains the many methods of the effect and demonstrates how they were performed by the masters of the past.

My Review: I ordered it after hearing Levent's interview on the Magicnews Wire podcast. Other than seeing him on the masters of illusion doing some good comedy magic, I am sorry to say, I had never heard of him.
I got the dvd and gimmick and wow there is a huge amount history here. I enjoyed learning the history of the gimmicks and got some ideas just from the history. (there is a lesson there) Then there is the gimmick its perfect for my hands and works really well. Better than any palmo or hank ball I have used. Now I want to point out this is not a grab and perform effect, to make it look good you will need to put the work in. I played around with Billy McComb's version but the coat pocket or magnet just didn't work with my wardrobe. This routine cleans up those issues. Its smooth and looks good.

My issue with the package is the demo routine. It is shot on a cruise ship I believe and is kinda badly lit. Not much I know but that was all I could think of.

My 2cents

Mr Phil
Mr. Phil & Co. Quality Family Entertainment, Guaranteed! (603) 286-3029 WWW.mrphilandco.com Snail Mail to: P.O. Box 31 Tilton, NH 03276
feifei
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
186 Posts

Profile of feifei
Yes... I enjoyed most of Levent's DVD because he goes thru the history and introduces you to the different gimmicks and method how other magicians do it, and then goes into detail teaching you his routine. Any of Levent's DVD is a winner!
atinczor
View Profile
Regular user
New York / Istanbul
113 Posts

Profile of atinczor
Levent is a very good teacher. The products he has in the market are among the best. Love all of his work. Just received the Half Dyed Silk and its no different. Just one word: "Perfect!"
hbwolkov
View Profile
Inner circle
2947 Posts

Profile of hbwolkov
Levent provides a historical treatise on whatever effect he markets. His DVD's collectively are exceptional.
Northern California
robberry1
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of robberry1
Just ordered it, Can't wait to put my spin on it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Levent's Color Changing Half-Dyed Silk DVD and Gimmick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL