The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "SUNDRY BUMPS" - 7 Monographs for the Magician and Mentalist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I'd like to announce the publication of a second compendium of ideas, effects and etc. for magicians, mentalists and minor showmen. Sundry Bumps has the loose theme of bumping up effects to bigger sizes. Some of these effects are already out there, some are new.

This is a collection of 7 pamphlets & monographs on the loose theme of bumping up effects, making them larger.

The set is (7) 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", foldover, most stapled, and they come in a slipcase. All are hand-done.

The first book has several items. It contains a new easy blindfold you make on the fly in front of your audience. There is also an enclosed sample/tic sheet of a bumpup from Doug Dyment's Mindsights' book that I successfully used at fairs for a season. This Give-away is perfect for doing your Magic Square under an up-to-date Sudoku theme. the book also contains a proposal for a Plywood Fortune Teller setup you can make and rent out for parties, fairs and conventions. Also included is the way I made the Bermuda Triangle effect stage-sized for fairs and large crowds, and a few other tidbits. Please note that the Sudoku (Magic Square) handout and the Bermuda Triangle do not explain the methods, only the bumps.

#2 is a Kiddyllusion 'The Discombobulator' that you can make for $50. This bumps up a standard smaller effect (Grandma's Necklace) to be much more visual and more dramatic. Also contains a solution to one of the major problems with the principle...In my version the folks see the entire length of the ropes are separate and ungaffed! This becomes a nice big 3-kid effect. Build it in your garage or basement in a weekend, flash it up to your heart's content. I recommend SteamPunk style for easy good looks.

#3 is a copy of my Grampa's Glasses, a kind of One-Man-Sideshow thing I do at fairs. Plans on how to build a set of 'real' X-Ray Glasses. First you bally it, then you prove it! I then line them up to look at the setup one at a time. Easy to do as a full set, while you 'rest' between more strenuous sets.

#4 is how I bumped up Slate of Mind. This simple idea made this venerable, great Mental Magic effect play stronger and longer...it becomes Mentalism. I used it as an opener to get everyone's attention and get them to focus on the show. You'll like this one.

#5 is for Psychics and Mentalists. 'The Idiometer' is a new pendulum-type device that may be of great interest to mentalists. It works when used by the spectators, and is fully controllable when used by the Mentalist. Versatile. Easy. New. Excellent for classes, for give-aways, and if you add a small booklet, a few charts and the device, it is an ideal item for a $12.00-$15.00 BOR package.

#6 is Tarentella; a system I discovered and used for years to accurately describe strangers to other people. This is strong. You'll use this almost immediately if you are a mentalist, and you probably WON'T want to talk about it to others in the field. Easy to learn and perform, it will get you fantastic word-of-mouth from whomever you perform this for.

and #7 is simply a new Mitox, but one that has a lot of fun potential for the Magician and the Mentalist! Again, make it yourself to suit yourself. Most easy to do.

The entire set is hand done and assembled, so they are a bit time-consuming to make up. I'm printing a limited amount at a time before my fair season starts, and will continue after it is over.

Sundry Bumps is also available from H&R Magic Books in case you are ordering anything from them.

I hope there is something of value to you in the set, and hope it finds favor with you.

thanks.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
This sounds like a really good project. I went to H&R, but it does not list your book. Is it available anywhere else?

Thanks,
Mike
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Michael-

They haven't gotten them in as of yet, but should get them this week. You can email them and order, or Paypal me direct. The set will run $25 plus $2.50 for domestic first class postage. I will also have a set running on TAS (That Auction Site) if that's convenient. I've contacted Steve for running a banner ad of info, so that may be happening soon, too.

Thanks,

Tom
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I was lucky enough to win one of Tom's Sundry Bump packages down in Inner Thoughts.

It's a smorgasbord!

A buffet!

A plethora!

.... of fun and useful ideas... bumps as Tom says... to "embiggen the mitox".

But, as Tom points out, a small number of the effects require you either have the gimmick or the secret of another effect. But the majority of effects are great bumps to effects you probably already know... or a new approach to an old idea.

Great Stuff.

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
252 Posts

Profile of ranpink
I recently acquired this set and I must say it has some excellent ideas inside. I especially love Tarentella. Tom shared this idea with me in the past and have been using it ever since. I was hoping Tom would keep this one on the down low.

I've seen Grandpa's glasses in action and its just as Tom describes it. I think Tom has a great idea here with a clever twist on using a certain gimmick that many of us have.

Nice one Tom!

Ran
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

Think Pink - Central Intelligence

http://www.worldwidemagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "SUNDRY BUMPS" - 7 Monographs for the Magician and Mentalist (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL