The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Who's Who In Magic (Bart Whaley) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Who's Who In Magic by Bart Whaley
Available exclusively at http://www.Lybrary.com
851 pages
$50.00

I've been spending just about all of my free time the past few days completely immersed in the pages of the recently released ebook version of Bart Whaley's "Who's Who In Magic: An International Biographical Guide from Past to Present." Long out of print, and originally released as a very limited edition published by Jeff Busby, I have known about the intended Lybrary.com edition for a couple of years now, and have been impatiently waiting for the day when it would finally be released. Well... that day has finally (happily) arrived.

The ebook version promises continual updates (the first of which has already been released!) and I hope that it is able to live up to this "promise." Although this is labeled a third edition, and although there are obvious recent entries, there are also a number of entries still in need of updates. Given the volume of information contained in this book it is no wonder, and I hope that the effort will be made to keep existing entries current while continuing to add new entries along the way. No small task, but certainly one that is worthwhile. As a companion to Whaley's "Encyclopedic Dictionary of Magic" (also available from Lybary.com, and which would also benefit from occasional updates) this new volume is an absolute "must have."

So the wait is over, and I am not the least bit disappointed. Many thanks to Mr. Whaley and Mr. Wasshuber for taking on the tast, and making this incredible text available once again.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
What's the copyright date on this edition?
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2009-06-03 21:04, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
What's the copyright date on this edition?

copyright 2009

Correcting my typo... I meant to thank Whaley and Wasshuber for taking on the "task," not "tast." Smile
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1177 Posts

Profile of Chris
Since the release of the 3rd edition we have been flooded with updates, additions and corrections. People from all over the world (Japan, Germany, New Zealand, Australia, US, ...) are sending in their corrections. Half our time is spent with nothing but editing the Who's Who. But that is a good thing.

Of course, there is still a lot to correct. Actually a Who's Who is never done because every month some of us pass away, and new stars rise. And researchers and scholars uncover new facts and even completely new names that somehow have been forgotten. I received a few of those already.

And that is why every customer of this Who's Who receives all the future updates for free. That's the Lybrary.com way. Your $50 is therefore a lifetime subscription to the "Who's Who in Magic".
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Who's Who In Magic (Bart Whaley) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL