The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Seeing is believing » » Optical illusion & magic tattoos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

supercool
View Profile
Regular user
USA
160 Posts

Profile of supercool
Is there any info about any tattoo artists that specializes in optical illusion tats. I have been on a personal quest to find the perfect tattoo. I would really like something original that incorporates magic and esoteric symbolism. I would also like it if this artist could design a full back piece and sleeves that flowed together in one master piece made of multiple optical illusions. Does anyone know of any talented artist (with a good portfolio) that can take on this task?

and does anyone have any ideas on good magic effects that could be tattooed in a stylized manner that looks nice and plays big. I had the idea of a card revelation tattoo but Im not really into card effects, Im more into mentalism, bazaar, and mediumistic styles of magic. Jay Sanky (I think) put out a t-shirt with some mentalism effects printed on it, I have not seen this shirt or used it, but this seems to flow along the same-lines as the type of effect that Im looking for.

Any ideas or pictures would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Smile
Check out Smile TheMysticSpirit.com Smile
supercool
View Profile
Regular user
USA
160 Posts

Profile of supercool
I would really appreciate any good ideas Smile
Check out Smile TheMysticSpirit.com Smile
TomasB
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1144 Posts

Profile of TomasB
I'm sure most tattoists can undertake a task like that.

I especially like the Kanizsa illusion in this one

http://www.ratemyink.com/?action=ssp&pid=65922

but I understand that you are looking for something way bigger.

/Tomas
G.
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of G.
Supercool, Reed McClintock has published Stars and Hexes, it has different effects with tattoos, such as color, shape and location changes. You can check it out.
Tomas, that's a nice illusion, should be able to apply on the mentalism invovling symbols, like triangle or stars.
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
Skin and Ink magazine ran a three page spread in the june 2009 issue on me "Reed McClintock the illustrated magician" it is interesting... if your interested in magic with tattoos. Stars and hexes has evolved over the years and is now working with a totally different technology. My close up act is designed all around my tattoos and the stories they tell. Window to the soul, Whisper, Eternity, and walk the line are pieces showcased with so much more in the show including interludes with tattoos, such as vanish, reappearance, moving from one location to another, and of course color changing. This act has taken years to develop and has taken on a life of its own.
I am sure any tattoo artist worth there weight in gold can do anything you desire. Remember however over time the tattoos can spread out, so be very careful of the design you go with. Having been a tattoo artist before getting into magic I had the luxury of understanding certain things with tattoos. Listen to the artist if he's good he will diplomatically talk you out of a design that is not in your best interest, i.e. size, detail, placement etc. The good new is most everything can be done as you wish. I will spend about two years developing a piece before making the commitment, not only to the tattoo but the piece of magic. Of all the magic I do, my tattoo magic is hands down the most powerful in my personal repertoire. Garret thomas' ring thing is so visually stunning with a tattoo. I love mine. When you find yourself going to http://www.theillustratedmagician.com there is a small clip of it if your curious.
cheers
Reed
http://www.theillustratedmagician.com
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Seeing is believing » » Optical illusion & magic tattoos (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL