The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Cigarette magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
kasper
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kasper
Im sure a lot of folks still do cigarette effects. But since there is a lot of banning of smoking in public places nowadays; cigarette magic might become sort of a lost art of I should say more RARE. But hey that just paves the way for a more unique act.
kasper
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kasper
Oh and ashes on the palm and effects that use an ashtray.
GraytScot
View Profile
New user
Dark side
18 Posts

Profile of GraytScot
Try using cryons right size right shape and most restaurants give them out to the kids
Professional Reality Bender
aechecop
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of aechecop
Linking Cigarette by Akira Fujii. Requires lots of practive but if done correctly pays nicely.
TheWhiteye
View Profile
New user
Chicago
29 Posts

Profile of TheWhiteye
Quote:
On 2011-03-13 17:45, GraytScot wrote:
Try using cryons right size right shape and most restaurants give them out to the kids

True! I've easily adapted my cig manipulation to crayons at restaurants.

As for where can you still perform cigarette magic? Outside the bars. Some venues have let me smoke on stage because you're over a foot above the audience and they consider it a "prop" during the show. But those venues are few and far between.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2009-06-05 06:01, k13pt0maniac wrote:
Anything by Tom Mullica, and pick up Keith Clark's Encyclopedia of Cigarette Tricks.

-Abe

I have three Tom Mullica tapes in front of me now, and was planning on watching them tonight! Looking forward to it.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2011-01-04 23:26, kasper wrote:
Im sure a lot of folks still do cigarette effects. But since there is a lot of banning of smoking in public places nowadays; cigarette magic might become sort of a lost art of I should say more RARE. But hey that just paves the way for a more unique act.

Most cig routines can be done with unlit cigs. Quit Smoking (which I am anxiously awaiting in the mail) is a perfect example. Another is the Linking Cigarettes. This one looks like it may take months of practice to pefect...but it looks absolutely mind-blowing!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
k
View Profile
Loyal user
Marseille
283 Posts

Profile of k
Also a great trick that goes with cigarettes is the use of lighters !

Paddle move anyone and color change ? Smile

Then of course you can always keep goin with matches.
I'm just a blind Con that lost his I...
remember, Magic's everywhere... ("Your are the magic !" - Albert Goshman)

"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple. On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux" St-Exupéry
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2010-12-19 13:28, Andy Moss wrote:
'Infinitum' by Tenyo is worth considering. A cigarette effect that punches above it's weight. No sleight of hand involved as the specially designed locking case does all the work.Case can be fully examined afterwards.

I used to have a funny routine for that one. It definitely plays well!

I also like "Linking Cigarette". The DVD is extremely detailed and I plan on performing it as an attention-getter when at the bar. I just haven't had time to practice, much.
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
I'm working on the Linking Cigarettes too, but it is certainly not easy. I hope I can eventually get it down as it really does look amazing.
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
Rectify
View Profile
New user
Florida
55 Posts

Profile of Rectify
Linking Cigarette by Akira Fujii looks really good. I don't know the method but I've heard good reviews as well.
CardC
View Profile
Regular user
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
158 Posts

Profile of CardC
Quote:
On 2011-06-24 13:53, Rectify wrote:
Linking Cigarette by Akira Fujii looks really good. I don't know the method but I've heard good reviews as well.

I just wanted to second that. Akira put out a freaking stunning effect that is impromptu and will fry everyone. It's insanely difficult but if you put in the practice you have a true piece of magic. I think that coupled with a torn and restored and some vanishes gives you everything you need. You could also do the cigarette through coin.
be happy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Cigarette magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL