The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Mind-Reading Puppets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
One of the problems of performing magic with puppets is that you are essentially working with one hand tied behind you. I've tried to take that into account when constructing these Mind-Reading Puppet effects for The Wiz Kids. There are four Mental Magic effects included that can be performed one-handed, with all props being within easy reach so you don't need to go dragging on things from backstage, or go rumaging through your vent case for a prop, etc. The e-Book is the first one in The Wizards' Journal #18 on my site, if anyone is interested. Ventriloquism is optional.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Thanks Spellbinder.

I sent payment via PayPal. Hope to receive the down load link for the ebook soon.

I look forward to reviewing this material, as I already do some mindreading stunts in my current vent show and hope to have a few new ideas to consider.

With best regards.

Joanthan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I just got your e-mail and have sent off the e-Book. I hope you make good use of the material!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Thanks Spellbinder!

Email with ebook attachment received.

I look forward to enjoying this material.

Best wishes.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
PWB
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of PWB
I have always enjoyed your routines. Thank you Spellbinder.

Pat
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
That's interesting, because I rarely write down my actual performing routines... just hints of what can be done with an effect, so I don't get in the way of having you create your own routines with the material. I would hate to leave behind a world of "Spellbinder clones."
Professor Spellbinder

B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Spellbinder I recived the mind reading puppet e-book tonight. Well worth the moeny for the e-book. I'm going to try and make the white board menatl epic next weekend. pretty neat idea. I own several of your e-books but I believe this one will get the most use. thanks
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I will be publishing a second e-Book on the "Whiteboard Citation" which will be more for mentalists and which will contain step by step photos of the construction process. There should be enough information, however, in the "Mind-Reading Puppets" e-Book to build one. Qua-Fiki likes it because it can be used one-handed, whereas all the other "Mental Epic" like effects require two hands to perform.

Strange that we have to refer to it as a "Mental Epic" effect, when U.F. Grant's original "Citation" predates Hen Fetsch's "Mental Epic" by about five years. I want to make sure that "Citation" does not drop from our collective memories of all things magical and the order in which they appeared on the scene. Of course, this particular version of the streamlined "Citation" under discussion was influenced by Hen Fetsch's improved method, and so the history is greatly obfuscated.
Professor Spellbinder

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Mind-Reading Puppets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL