The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Where to buy a Neck Cooler!???... getting kinda desperate (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AsL
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of AsL
Does anybody know where I can buy a neck cooler? I'm talking about those things that you can either freeze or soak in water and then put it around your neck to keep you cool for hot summer days.

I need one before Saturday, so maybe somebody could provide a website that provides overnight shipping or a department store that possibly sells them. I don't think it gets much hotter than where I 'm going-lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I've found a couple of websites that sell them but they all offered about 7-10 days for shipping. But ya never know, if you find one please post it. It can't hurt.

All the Best,
magicianguy4life
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Sporting goods stores and some hardware stores carry them.
Of course, there is the Sharper Image version which is electronic.
Good luck!
Gwyd
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
As Gwyd mentioned, any good sporting or camping store, bicycle shops, some motorcycle shops will carry these. I buy mine locally from REI outdoor shops.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Don't know how much help this will be but I bought mine at a NASCAR race. The hawkers outside were selling them. These are the type that look like there is nothing in them and then you soak them in cold water and they swell up like saugages. Might want to see if there is a race in your neighbourhood.

In the mean time you can sew your own or order one:

http://www.p2designs.com/ShipCooler.htm

http://www.watersorb.com/polymer_cool_neck_bands.htm

http://www.mothersofmilitarysupport.moms......ers.html
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I think I have a spare, unused one lying around my house from work. They purchase them during summer as a safety precaution as the factory gets boiling hot.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Sports Surplus houses have them around here. The kinds of places your grandpa would go to buy ammo and fishing weights.
We have General Store and White Elephant here. I don't know what you have where you are. I always got them at General Store and the County Fair.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
REI rules. get a membership. everything is returnable, forever.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Where to buy a Neck Cooler!???... getting kinda desperate (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL