The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Hmmmm.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
I own the WOW photo book and is beautiful. Worth the cost I assure you.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Wish I had the time to put up or shut up ! So much info gathered with ones age and work.

Oh to retire,,,that will be the time to put so many records straight.

There is a book detailing the Gypsy legacy complete with hundreds of pics,,,just come on the market. Working with John Jones (Last weekend) I saw an early copy,,,will be with him again next weekend and jot the details down.

It traces the history early to the present day,,,of the Price and Lee heritage, also has a rare picture of JE working at the Appleby Fair.

Ken.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I was talking with Jan Gregor the other day on the phone...he is the author of Circus Of The Scars...and a phenominal writer as those of you who read it know...I suggested he travel to England and begin a book about and collaborate with, Ken Dean and his long history and vast knowledge of the UK scene.
The story needs a strong writer who understands the game and who can dig and reveal and wring the heart out of it. Jan would be perfect. If I can ever put these two together, I will have accomplished something to be proud of.

If you haven't read Circus Of The Scars yet...google it and buy it. He told me he has some of the deluxe hard cover collector editions in hand.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Been on the road,,seems like forever!! so to update, the book on mention is The Gypsies Then and Now, by John McKale published 2009.

Not had a look for it on the net but sure its pretty expensive for a soft back.

The pic of Eagle was new to me and the sister of Adeline Price (Still doing the duckering on the UK showgrounds today) She is proberly the only authentic reader doing the works in the UK (If of course you believe that the seventh daughter of a seventh daughter from the run of the Lee family are the biz !!).

The season money wise is cr@p this year and punters faces would turn any milk sour.

Ken.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Hmmmm.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL