The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Angles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
How many of us really know what the people see when they are sitting down? This is hard to do with mirrors and the like the best way is to have a friend come a watch you. I did this last night and I went home feeling really bad he said I flashed a lot. NOT GOOD but I never noticed that. The thing he told me was to bend over more and perform lower than their eyes. Then the funny thing the routine I thought I flashed the most at he said he did not see a thing! . I cal also recall seeing other restaurant performers and thinking wow he flashed a lot. So this is just something to think about and if you have any advice please post.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
mrlavaboy
View Profile
New user
Indpls
94 Posts

Profile of mrlavaboy
When I try something new I do it in front of my fiancee. I tell her to watch very close. She doesn't know what she is looking for, but if she sees it she is always good to point out what I messed up on. This has saved me a lot of trouble. She doesn't know magic, but she knows when I flash or mess up or whatever. She is good to give advice.

That works for me.

andy
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
I am an elementary school teacher and have found that without a doubt, the harshest critics are my elementary age students. They are brutally honest and will shout out their astute observations. Try performing for nieces, nephews, neighbors, etc. within that age group and you'll know in a jif if you are flashing....I've had more success (astonishing reactions) with high schoolers and adults. Smile
DreamBig
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of DreamBig
Elementary school kids are my favorite to show my new stuff. They will definitely let you know if you flash.

Plus, you have to kind of bend at the waist to show them magic. Kind of like if you're at a table with adults sitting.

I even show 'em card tricks. Some people say that kids don't like cards. I have found the opposite to be true. As long as they are short and direct, which most table hopping magic is anyway, right?
Mago Mai
View Profile
Elite user
Venezuela
485 Posts

Profile of Mago Mai
Flourishe Dude:

Great point.Some people forget about that.They don't realize that people seated have a different point of view.We do need to tilt the cards just a little bit.

I like to check angles before I perform.As I approach a table,I check where will it be the most effective place to stand.

It is nice to weep at least a 30 degree angle from your hands and their eyes.

A nice way to increase the angle is by getting closer to them.

Mago Mai
I invite all of you to share some of my magic on videos.Please, CLICK HERE
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
When I'm doing table magic, I consciously brush my knuckles lightly on the table cloth every few seconds to remind me to keep my hands low.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Rob,
great idea, nice reminder. I think I will use that
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
There's also an opportunity to feign flashing a card only to really surprise them in the end. Let them think they've caught you. You've been keeping your hands so low that it's obvious. You can set up a trick of this sort if you put a hand on your back and stretch a bit. The audience will notice you're standing straight now and will be peeking so just be ready. Smile
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Angles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL