The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Swiss Warbler (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Does anyone know where to get these at a good price?

Thanks,
Mike
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Wow, 5 days & nothing?

Anyone? Anything?

Mike
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I used to get them from Johnson Smith.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Thanks!

Mike
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
LaRock's has them under the clown noisemaker section. I think they are a good price. I think they call them Ventrillos (or that may be some other place that calls them by that name).

-Patrick
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-07-08 23:25, Mr. Woolery wrote:
LaRock's has them under the clown noisemaker section. I think they are a good price. I think they call them Ventrillos (or that may be some other place that calls them by that name).

-Patrick

Awesome!
79 cents a piece.

Thanks Patrick Smile

Mike
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Michael,
You should have done a search. This is from two years ago.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=192&9

The one from Birdy in the Netherlands is the best one on the market.Scroll down you'll see I have a link for him.

Later,Don
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-07-09 14:34, DonDriver wrote:
Michael,
You should have done a search. This is from two years ago.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=192&9

The one from Birdy in the Netherlands is the best one on the market.Scroll down you'll see I have a link for him.

Later,Don

I did do a search & was simply trying to fins them at a better price. My research has shown that the Birdy is the best one.

THanks Don Smile

Mike
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Michael,
Do yo plan to "pitch" them ? (just wondering)

Don
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-07-10 15:03, DonDriver wrote:
Michael,
Do yo plan to "pitch" them ? (just wondering)

Don

I was thinking about it, what say you? Is it profitable?

Thanks,
Mike
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Hey Mike,

Of course they are profitable,and I'm sure they sell good once you learn how to demo it and work out a pitch. I was aways worried some stupid kid would swallow one and I would get sued big time.

They are made in a ciccle bent in half.I heard,but never saw one,made in Mexico that they put a loop of string in before they bend it in half.The loop of string goes around the kids neck.This way he can't swallow it.Good idea I think.

You know it takes awhile to learn how to make it work well,but I'm sure you'll get it down.

Do let us know how it goes if you decide to pitch they.
Don
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

I most certainly will let everyone know if I decide to give it a go.

Thanks Don,
Mike
sweiss
View Profile
New user
Guam
49 Posts

Profile of sweiss
I sell the warblers at my website. For sure the Birdy is the most expensive, but it is also one of the best ones out there as already mentioned. If you want to pitch them, the minimal order is normally 1000 pieces so you need to be serious about it. A retail price of $1.50 to $2.00 each is reasonable depending on where you got them and the quality. However, you need to be in a position to sell quite a few quickly unless you don't mind your money being tied up in inventory for a while.

I sell the best quality ones to professionals who are descriminating. Their durability ends up paying for itself. That is, you buy one which will out last at least 3 of the lesser quality warblers. If you just want a toy to play with for a day or less, then the cheaper ones are fine for your purposes. Just like anything else, you pay for the quality.

Hope that helps!
Stephen Weiss, owner
New Planet Online Magic Shop
http://www.newplanetmagic.com
steves7
View Profile
Regular user
Blue Springs, Missouri
114 Posts

Profile of steves7
I know Tom Burgoon uses them in his act and also sells them on his website. He says that there are a couple of different ones out there and the better ones re hard to find. Email him for more information.
iugefu
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of iugefu
I met 'Birdy' on his home turf of Amsterdam, whilst he was pitching.
Sales were brisk, until the 'force' arrived and he was forced to pack it up.
He avoids stock confiscation by stocking most birdies in his Jacket collar.
For sure I was interested in pitching them, but struggled to get even a half decent sound out of them ( after quite a while of trying)..........friendly interesting bloke
sweiss
View Profile
New user
Guam
49 Posts

Profile of sweiss
You can get an assortment of Swiss Warblers from http://newplanetmagic.com They have the Birdy, two types made by Nisgov, and the Ederna swiss warbler.
Stephen Weiss, owner
New Planet Online Magic Shop
http://www.newplanetmagic.com
iugefu
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of iugefu
My advice before buying bulk is to get hold of a few samples to see if you can produce some decent sounds from them.

If I could whistle like Birdy, Id be pitching them for sure. But I can barely get a noise out of them, despite trying quite long and hard!
markjens
View Profile
Loyal user
N. CA
213 Posts

Profile of markjens
You know, it isn't a 'long and hard' thing, it is just a knack-y thing. The warbler is like a reed instrument, once you relax and have it 'stuck' to the roof of your mouth with the membrane facing forward slowly and with just a bit of air (like someone's on the phone and you're trying to be quiet) pucker your lips and say, "too too too." if there is no sound, sort of 'suck' out the excess saliva and try again. In any case, it really isn't about trying hard. It is, like most knack-y things, about relaxing and letting it happen. My kids all get great sound and did so very quickly. Don't know if this helps, but I hope so. I like Birdy's due to their far superior materials and workmanship. I've tried four or five different ones, the most recent at Seattle's Pike Place Magic, where they have a more slender model for sale right now. It works, but is isn't a Birdy so you have to really take care of it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Swiss Warbler (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL