The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Sequential $1 bills (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TravisRobertson
View Profile
Regular user
Cedar Rapids, IA USA
199 Posts

Profile of TravisRobertson
I am looking for a set of $1 Bills with sequential serial numbers. I have already tried my local bank and local coin shops. If you have any available, please see the thread below:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=76&0

Thanks,
Travis
I am looking to buy Pressley Guitar items in good condition. Send me a PM for details.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
One option would be this website. I have bought these sheets to make mismade bills. You could also cut them to accomplish what you want.

http://www.moneyfactory.gov/store/section.cfm/69/83

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
PM sent.
TravisRobertson
View Profile
Regular user
Cedar Rapids, IA USA
199 Posts

Profile of TravisRobertson
Quote:
On 2009-07-02 22:43, Sammy J. wrote:
One option would be this website. I have bought these sheets to make mismade bills. You could also cut them to accomplish what you want.

Sammy

I actually have some uncut sheets of bills (not for magic, just for collecting) and the bills are not sequential. If you can find a sheet of older bills they will be in sequence on the sheet however on the newer sheets the first couple and the last 4-6 digits (I cant remember exactly) are the same on each bill and one of the center numbers changes and then after the bills are cut they are collated to be in order.

Another member here on the Café was willing to sell me a set so I should be good for now. Thanks for all the help guys!
I am looking to buy Pressley Guitar items in good condition. Send me a PM for details.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Yes, contrary to common believe, serial numbers are not unique, and buying the sheets is a way to get multiple bills with the same #, which could be useful in certain bill to impossible location type effects.

To your question, you might be able to accomplish this by judicious erasing.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Actually got em crisp and in order from a food store self check out as change. Was surprised at that.
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Quote:
On 2009-07-02 22:43, Sammy J. wrote:

Sammy

Just for the record:
This will not give Travis what he is looking for. He wants bills in ((xxxxxxxx0, xxxxxxxx1, xxxxxxxx2, xxxxxxxx3,.....,xxxxxxxx9), he will not get that from those sheets, unless he gets 10 full sheets.

Bob
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I have never had any problem getting sequentially numbered one dollar bills from my banks. A hundred dollars will get you ten sets of ten.

Ask your banker for them. Most are pleased to help. It costs them nothing. There are more good banking customers than good banks. If you don't get their help, it is time to change banks. They would never do business with you if your balance sheet was as poor as theirs anyway. This has been a financial fact since WWII! Practice consumerism! You owe them nothing extra. You have subsidized them all of your life. Don't be shy. Give them a chance to help you.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- I was a very unpopular PhD. student in 1981 when I forecasted the failure of US banking. (Being right wasn't on my "want list" at all. But government and banking was trying to hide the elephant and it was not working. Now the public can tell the truth about the Emperor's clothing. He's naked!)
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
My comment was based upon what I heard from others, so maybe they were just looking at the last 2 digits instead of all.

I will have to buy a sheet, and verify for myself, and then sell the extra as mismades!

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Sequential $1 bills (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL