The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Float Me Alone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Are there any owners of this out there? I just picked this up and I'm hoping to discuss performance options/ideas any of you may have used.

Thanks!
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Cool....guess I got the only one! Smile
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Someone just sold/bought one on the Café last week, so I know there are at least two of you...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
AmazingEARL
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee, USA
350 Posts

Profile of AmazingEARL
I bought one of these 12 years ago. The whole idea of being able to set it up in front of the audience intrigued me.

...but there was too much fidgeting and noise during the set-up. Just couldn't make the necessary assembly moves seem natural. Gimmick seemed strong enough for a kid, but a bit too wobbly. I never actually performed it.

I did however cannibalize and re-work the gimick to create a new illusion from the remains. In that respect, I guess I got my money's worth.

Dan/EARL
Smoky Mountain Magic
http://www.SmokyMtMagic.com
"We build AMAZING things"
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Dan/Earl,

I'm hitting mine with some rubberized coating. This stuff is great! No noise. I'm going to use this stuff on a few other things of mine for wear and protective purposes too.

I wonder if they beefed up the gimmick as mine holds my 130 lb girlfriend (shhhhhh) very solidly and claims 175 for a cap. It freaked her out looking in the mirror as the case was pulled out! Hoping to get same reaction from the lay peeps of course! Smile

I think I'm going to use this one. Looks like they are no longer made.

Thanks again, and good luck all!
Fred Kirkland
View Profile
New user
Ga.
96 Posts

Profile of Fred Kirkland
I too have the float me alone and have used it many times I plan to rework it for to hold more weight. Great Idea but needs some reinforcement.
Fred Kirkland family entertainer & magician
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
What does the effect look like?
Fred Kirkland
View Profile
New user
Ga.
96 Posts

Profile of Fred Kirkland
There are 3 brief cases one flat on the floor the next stand like a book open up right and one sitting flat on top. You pull the middle case back and show the top in mid air.
Fred Kirkland family entertainer & magician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Float Me Alone (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL