The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Trick that I can do with Waitress (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bryanpier
View Profile
New user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
62 Posts

Profile of Bryanpier
Quote:
On 2009-08-11 22:54, Bill Palmer wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-07-15 02:05, Zack Smith wrote:
Have her stick a duplicate card inside the customers baked potato when she is bringing it to their table... Then just force the dupe! =D

And if the health inspector is there, you have just performed the vanishing gig. Brilliant!

One of the big rules in restaurant magic is DON'T PUT STUFF IN THE CUSTOMER'S FOOD! IN MOST PLACES IT IS ILLEGAL.

I don't even like to perform when food is on the table. I sure don't want anybody messing around with my food.
If pro is opposite of con, then what is opposite of progress?
Sam Weiss
View Profile
Loyal user
Stratford, CT should have more than
278 Posts

Profile of Sam Weiss
There's a trick in one of the AoA volumes near the end where the waiter takes your watch in a napkin away from the table and sets it to any time and come back with it in the napkin again. The spectator is aware of this happening. The whole time that this is happening the magician sets the spectators watch to one time. They compare watches and the time's the same.

Check it out if you have the books. It's really simple.
"There's something that gets in your soul when you study magic,it's in your heart, and when you perform it comes across the footlights and into everybody else's heart..."
-Denny Haney
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
I stay away from waitress.
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
BTW, In the restaurant business today, "waitress" has gone the way of "stewardess" on airplanes.

The more accepted term for both male and female is "server."
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
The card/server in the kitchen makes a lot of sense. This is from a magical and relationship with the staff point of view.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
trickychaz
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
549 Posts

Profile of trickychaz
Quote:
On 2009-07-11 15:49, jmccormack4 wrote:
I'm currently going to work at a restaurant in a month or so. A lot of waitresses are some good friends of mine and I thought it would be cool if I could involve them in some kind of effect. the only problem is I don't know which effect I could do. I don't necessarily want her as a stooge type of person but more on the lines of she can predict the spectators card or whatever. and something that is generally easy that I could teach the waitress or yea.

Trust me on this....dont perform for the restaurant staff unless it is after you are finished performing. The management will frown on this b/c they will be watching you and not their Customers! You are there as a bunus for their guest...their guest are there for one thing...the food...the magic is just a plus. Stick to entertianing the guest...the staff will get reports from the tables and they will report to the general manager....its a win win for you

Charles
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Trick that I can do with Waitress (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL