The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Basic card skills (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sanderr
View Profile
Loyal user
Netherlands
201 Posts

Profile of Sanderr
Hello,

Are the "basic card skills" discussed in the royal road to card magic book? I already ordered it, but I still would like to know. With basic card skills I mean shuffling, double lift, and basically just the "handling" of cards.

Thanks,
Sander
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
Yup.

http://web.doverpublications.com/cgi-bin/toc.pl/0486408434

Certain things will not be covered in the book... Small Packet false displays, full deck false riffle shuffles, variations on the pass, more modern handlings of the DL, etc. However, it's still a very good resource to get started on. If you want to expand upon that knowledge, look into R. Paul Wilson's Royal Road DVD.
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Royal Road remains a true and useful classic. If you can find a used copy in hardback of the Amateur Magician's Handbook by Henry Hay I highly recommend it also.

For the modern and vitally useful "Small Packet" material, the VERY useful booklet Counts, Cuts, Moves by Jerry Mentzer is well worth looking at.

Best,
Brad Burt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Basic card skills (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL