The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Magic books on Kindle? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
After getting a couple of requests for a Kindle version of Tabman MAGIC I decided to look into it and learned how to go the conversion and set up on Amazon's Kindle Books section last night and this morning. I plan to do a search and see what else Magic wise is available to Kindle users. I helped publish a fiction book (Legal Vengeance) by an atty friend and he and all his bunch all carry Kindles. Is Kindle the wave of the future?? Personally I still like books but don't want to miss an opportunity.

Tabman MAGIC on Kindle is at:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002HRE5VE

-=tab
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
M. Perk
View Profile
Loyal user
Hilton Head Island
292 Posts

Profile of M. Perk
Sony was one of the first to come out with an electronic reader. Then came Kindle, and coming soon will be Paper Logic. There are rumors of and Apple Pad coming down the pipe. Kindle seems to be the least expensive but Amazon is geared up to put there software on anything that has a screen. They care more about content than the device. For me Amazon thus far is the Itunes of Books, very simple to click and get a book 60 second later. You also can download newspapers and magazines,

Cons: Not Available overseas yet due to copyright laws.
Although Amazon now has over 300,000 titles, Happy Potter Series, John Grisham is still not available.
They keep making new kindles, with a new version 3 coming out in the fall.

I have the Kindle 2 which is very easy to use and very addictive. I just wish I had more time to read.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Tabman,

My wife is a voracious reader and since I bought her the original Kindle when it first came out, her consumtion of books has increased. On the plus side when we travel I don't have to pack a lot of books in my luggage for her. Smile

The screen uses a patented technology which is not LCD. When the page is on, no power is used. You only use power when you turn a page. The battery doesn't have to be recharged for about a weeks worth of use. A cell modem hooks you up to Amazon for free so you can peruse or buy and download Kindle titles. The screen has no glare and looks more like the printed page. You can adjust font size to making reading easier.

Regarding price, she has never paid more than 9.95 for a Kindle book from Amazon. Magic books of course are generally more expensive than regular fiction. A newly hardcover retails for $26 and on Kindle it is $14.30. Most are under $10. I mention this because it seems like your Kindle price of $22.95 is high relative to your list price of the perfect bound edition at $34.95.

I do commend you on offering your work on Kindle. It's an incredible device and a library you can carry around with you.

Larry Smile
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2009-07-17 09:39, Larry Barnowsky wrote:...I mention this because it seems like your Kindle price of $22.95 is high relative to your list price of the perfect bound edition at $34.95.

Thanks Larry. I wasnt sure how to price the Kindle version. I consider the material to be for magicians only and didn't want the kind folks who paid $34.95 for the book to feel bad. What would you suggest for a Kindle price??

Thanks,

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
$22.98
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Smile

Thanks.

OK, I dropped two dollars it to twenty bucks. It's for an exclusive crowd of readers anyway, not for everybody.

I like sitting on the porch with a glass of iced tea and an interesting book. I guess that won't change, just the delivery.

-=tabman

Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Tabman,

$20 seems like a decent price.

All the best,

Larry
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Thanks Larry.

-=tabman

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Magic books on Kindle? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL