The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Mental Photography Deck (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
epsilon97
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of epsilon97
I have Malone's On The Loose DVDs being sent to me now. I can't wait to see his routine.
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
I will have to get On The Loose 3 and Essentials in Magic by Daryl. This should cover the subject pretty hood
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Or check out Michael Skinner's routine, which Malone drew from.
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
Quote:
On 2009-07-18 09:55, Sanderr wrote:
Hello,

I never use my Mental Photo Deck because the cards don't "stick together", if you know what I mean. I can't say anything more because of exposure, but I think you will know what I mean. How do I solve that? Buy some powder or spray of some sort?

They're $6, buy another one.
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Where do I find the Skinner routine?
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
I liked Don Alan's version of pretty much everything. And I liked when this particular deck was called a "Nudist Deck." Pretty cheap thrills huh?
dattyw
View Profile
New user
How long is the fence?
53 Posts

Profile of dattyw
Bill Malone's is great. When my wife and I watched it, she just kept saying ridiculous. We loved it.
David
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Quote:
Hello,

I never use my Mental Photo Deck because the cards don't "stick together", if you know what I mean. I can't say anything more because of exposure, but I think you will know what I mean. How do I solve that? Buy some powder or spray of some sort?

Thanks,
Sander

you can still just use it like a Svengali deck. it still looks pretty impressive and there's no worry about screwing up the spread.

but you can just riffle through the deck, they say stop, cut their card to the front. double lift to show it has a back. say that the card will travel through the deck. then say that you made a mistake and that only half of the card went through the deck... you take off their chosen card, show it has no back and that the back is at the other end of the deck. then riffle through the deck to show that it made every card blank.

if someone has come up with something better, please post it. because even though I don't normally mess up the spread... it happens on occasion so I don't like doing this trick. if I could find a better way to do the trick just using it like a Svengali deck, that might be a lot better.
STEVEMCCOY
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of STEVEMCCOY
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A BOOK OF TRICKS FOR THE MENTAL PHOTOGRAPHY DECK.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Speaking of MPD. IIRC, there was a version which I had that included along with the usual MPD cards actual DB cards (2 I think) that could be passed out for examination. I don't think the deck was called the MPD but went by a different name. Anyone know what I am talking about and its name?
obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
375 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
I have always had an issue with MPD as well as avengali, as soon as you show scenario one and then scenario 2, it screams gaff or fake deck or the like..
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2020, obsidian52 wrote:
I have always had an issue with MPD as well as avengali, as soon as you show scenario one and then scenario 2, it screams gaff or fake deck or the like..

As to the Svengali, don't do the "pitch" routine, i.e. <b>never</b> show "all" cards are the same. There are plenty of very good routines with the Sven that don't scream "gaff."
Magical regards,
Phil
fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
575 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2012, MickNZ wrote:
Quote:
Hello,

They'r $6, buy another one.

In some places even $5 for a good quality Bike deck. Why would anyone buy the tools and spend the time and effort to create or repair one (unless that’s your thing of course)? Just buy a few. My deck has held together great for years (granted with infrequent use).
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

WASHED AND DRYED - An squeaky clean incredible full deck transformation!
http://fingerjack.wix.com/washedanddryed
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Any good routines with a regular deck.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Mental Photography Deck (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL