The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Prediction a la Kruskal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cohiba
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
749 Posts

Profile of Cohiba
Has anyone performed this trick out of Mnemonica? I'm curious what sort of reactions you receive.

Thanks!
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
I have a page on my web site where I explain how to do this effect with the Aronson Stack. While it's a strong effect, it's not a quickie. You need to do it in a relaxed atmosphere when people have some time.

I have a new way to do the prediction. If you do this effect, contact me and I'll share it with you.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Cohiba
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
749 Posts

Profile of Cohiba
Hi Dennis:

Thanks - I actually came across the effect on your site and that's why I was asking! You have some great MD stuff on there.

I'd read this effect long ago, and didn't do anything with it at the time. When I saw your write-up, I considered working the effect out for the stack I'm currently using. (I used to use Aronson, but switched not too long ago.)

That's why I asked about reactions - if it plays really well, I'll probably work it out, if not so much, then I'll work on some other projects... I know that's probably not the best way to go about it, but just thought I'd see if anyone was overwhelmingly in love with the effect.

Thanks for the offer on the prediction - I'll look you up on that in the future!
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Cohiba,

The effect is indeed strong, but as I said, it's not a quickie. Do it at a private party where people have some time, not in a "tight" close up routine. The counting/spelling can become boring in a situation where time is of the essence.

With my new prediction procedure, it's a real fooler, I've found. I showed it to a magician friend that uses the Aronson Stack, and he didn't even notice that the cards were in that order.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
steve j
View Profile
Special user
Long Island, New York
559 Posts

Profile of steve j
I just started doing the effect and I have been getting some good reactions with it. In regards to the counting and spelling being boring and slightly repetitive as long as you make it entertaining. I have a very off the wall persona when I perform so the counting is actually kinda fun and I get some laughs as they do it so its just how you perform I guess that makes the trick.
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
To steve j,
I agree wholeheartedly that how you perform makes the trick... any trick. And just when you decide that a certain effect may not be fun or effective, along comes someone with a great presentation and proves you wrong.

I'm hope to begin some updates on my site, including the mem-deck articles and will get the new Kruskal presentation on there some time in the next few weeks.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
ymouse80
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of ymouse80
Maybe a bit late comment on this, but never the less I'd like to point out this nice feature build into Mnemonica.
You can do the Kruskal count starting from any card # 1-15, (spelling is not an option for all languages, so count aces as 1, court cards as 5) and you end up always to nine of clubs (9C). Now if you change places of 9C (#44) and 7C (#47) you will end up to the last card of the deck i.e. 9D!
If you cut the deck and turn the upper part face up and start counting rest of the cards you also preserve the deck order, so you'll be able to repeat the trick immediately.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Prediction a la Kruskal (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL