The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Bob Solari Effects and Customer Service (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
A while back there was a major thread regarding websites and how good they are, customer service, etc. Hands down Madhatter Magic has the best customer service and cheapest products. And they are still great. But that was before I really started using (most of) Bob's products and ordering from his website. I will have to put Bob's customer service at #1 at the moment. I love his products and there's just too much to mention of all the great things he has done for me regarding customer service. Madhatter is still up there, but I never mentioned Bob Before so I figure I would do it now. Customer service is very important to me wherever I buy something and I recently had a few let-downs so it feels good to know there are some nice sites that give you excellent custmer service.
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
I completely agree, I've been a Bob Solari fan and customer for years and he's never let me down. In fact, he's consistently gone the extra mile. By the way, I just recently received 2 Solari effects, here's a quick review if any one is interested:

Sneaky Sneaker
- This is a great little effect and I love the mini sneaker. Smile I also found this is great for slightly older kids too, for some reason they like the little shoe, making a shoeprint and all that. For adults, it's the classic "how is it that my randomly thought of card is the only one with the shoeprint on it?" Smile This is very easy to do, with no sleight of hand or forcing needed. Here's a link to it: http://www.gmrcreations.com/bob/16-50pg2.htm#sneakysneaker

Improved Ultimate Brainwave
- This has a similar effect to Sneaky Sneaker but is a great version of the classic Brainwave Deck. A freely card is chosen, and it's found to have the only odd-backed colour compared to the rest of the deck. For those who already own Bob's original Ultimate Brainwave (like myself), you might be wondering what the improvement is. The improvement is very subtle and close to the original method. Just like it's stated in the ad copy, only two cards are roughed and in this improved version, it works the same way. For those who don't have this trick at all, I think you're in for a special treat. Here's a link to it: http://www.gmrcreations.com/bob/16-50.htm#ultimatebrainwave

Another cool thing is that Bob has posted video demos of these tricks on his website, among others, so finally after many years people can see them in action! Smile There are some newer videos that I think were recently posted up too, like Name That Card, Link Key and Quarter Warp.
obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
375 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
More kudos to Bob Solari, his customer service, his effects, and if anyone should ever have a bad thing to say about him, they'll have to answer to me and the guy who posted right above me.

I look forward to meeting Bob at Metro-Magic in Jersey in October, it's one of the only reasons I"m going, to meet him, to personally thank him and to shake his hand.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
I really like his "Miser's Miracle," and perform it regularly, but didn't care too much for the gimmick in your hand. However, there's a pretty simple way to dispense with it, do the Miser's (as normal), and then visibly dump the last coin into the pail. When you get to the surprise reveal, the small coins are all gone (per Solari's idea, but with the addition of the visible dumping of the last coin). You can probably guess the method, but if curious, send me a PM.

I love Bob's rabbit in the hat chop effect as well. Always gets an "awwwww...."
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
MMark
View Profile
New user
Edmonton, AB, Canada
39 Posts

Profile of MMark
I just placed an order myself and can't wait for my items. Bob was kind enough to follow up with an e-mail letting me know everything was on the way. It's been a while since I've seen a non-automated "Thanks for your order" e-mail.

Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Bob Solari Effects and Customer Service (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL