The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » BH heckler lines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
As stated before we are performing our sideshow as a midnight on the ships. Midnight = more drunks = more hecklers. Suddenly they have decided to yell out "too much cocaine" while I am performing block head. I use my typical nasty male genitalia comeback that makes the audience clap and laugh at him to shut him up but wish I could defuse the situation a little nicer and more specific to what he has accused me of. Anyone ever dealt with this?
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Dealt with hecklers many times,,,so many put down lines are available but remember hit them too hard and the rest of the tribe will side with them. Being too meek will encourage them to get heavier with you.

The line I found worked best for me was to get the speckies to side with you and let them deal with them.

Ken.
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
"No--not enough"

"No--just enuf"

"What, are we shouting out reasons why you can't get laid?"

"I'll take 'Things That Cause Impotence' for $1000, Alex"

"Great! And what are some other problems from the 1980s?"

Meh. Not terrific; just off the top of my head.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Much of my act is saying the things the audience is thinking before they have a chance of yell it out. I have a cocaine line that I use when the venue and audience make up is right. Since you have had someone yell it out, you should add in the line, "I know what you are thinking, 'Too much cocaine'! Then follow it up with Stephon's line "No, not enough" and you now have a couple of new laugh and it shows that you don't take yourself too seriously.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
You're good with put-down lines. I guess you know how to put down lines.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
I always liked the ole line..."I know this man is a Gentleman...I seen him come out of a Door that said so!"......
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Thanks Todd and Stephon! Brilliant. Deal with it before they do. That is just what I needed. I would much rather make fun of myself than have to resort to a persons lack of ability to attract the opposite sex. But it sure is funny when I do.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Quote:
On 2009-08-05 17:09, The Curator of the Unusual wrote:
I always liked the ole line..."I know this man is a Gentleman...I seen him come out of a Door that said so!"......

And while we're on the subject, my favorite line to deal with a male heckler is, "I don't know why you are being so mean now, when earlier you were being so friendly in the men's room."

Use with caution.
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
What about this Old, Old line..."He belongs on a stage...and there's one leavin in a 1/2 an Hour!"...
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
I never want to get into a one on one with the loud mouth so when I use a heckler line I address the audience and not the person that is heckling. Otherwise the audience can turn against you very quick. Been there, done that.

In my mid twenties I traveled up and down the midwest (from as far south as Brownsville TX to as far north as Bismarck ND) doing comedy clubs. I learned very fast that I didn't enjoy entertaining the drunks for a full time living. Now I only do it for fun.
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Quote:
On 2009-08-06 00:02, Todd Robbins wrote:
And while we're on the subject, my favorite line to deal with a male heckler is, "I don't know why you are being so mean now, when earlier you were being so friendly in the men's room."
Thanks, Todd.

I was doing the balloon swallow during my last show tonite, and some shirtless, boardshorts and backward baseball cap wearing goon standing off to the side with his shirtless, boardshorts and backward baseball cap wearing friends was yelling out typical, uninspired $h!t.

When I finished, he shouts, "That was disgusting", so I threw out, "That's not what you said early in the mens' room."

Worked perfectly: shut him up, got a laugh, and he and his buddies went off to find other sport.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Thanks again Todd. I used the line 2 nights ago and it worked great. Got a laugh and I controlled the tempo.

Since you guys were so kind to share yours here is my favorite female drunk woman heckler stopper.

"I was married to my ex wife for 8 years. One thing I learned is it's almost impossible to shut up a drunk woman."

It's original and true! Now make sure to say "almost impossible." If you leave out the almost you are baiting them to keep it up. And make sure you say it to the audience and not her. No need to get in a fight.
BostonBlackie
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
111 Posts

Profile of BostonBlackie
Although it doesn't fit my style now, I always liked the line, "This show reminds me of the baseball game, all the bags were loaded there too!"
It wasn't the brightest thing I've ever done in my life. Sadly though, it was far from the dumbest.
-- Zachary Nixon Johnson
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Oh and depending on the crowd change the word woman for the b word. Rougher crowds will laugh more.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » BH heckler lines (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL