The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » T.U.C. from Tango Magic, my review (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Adam Keisner
View Profile
Veteran user
London
335 Posts

Profile of Adam Keisner
Is this at all akin to a split coin sometimes referred to as a super or clone coin?

Thanks.
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
I have this and it's quite good. I purchased mine from Joe Moger at the MAES convention.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Still looking to purchase

Not a big fan of Hank Lees

Don
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
Would this be good for hobbyist or too difficult?
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1681 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Don, I think you can get it directly from Tangomagic, it is available in their webpage

Samdan: I am a hobbist and for me it is easier to handle than a shell, you end with 2 coins with the push of a finger.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Quote:
On 2009-08-29 10:36, Adam Keisner wrote:
Is this at all akin to a split coin sometimes referred to as a super or clone coin?

Thanks.

Hey Adam,

I'm just getting familar with this coin but I beleive it is different than a split coin. I do not own this yet but it's in the to buy list!

Mike Smile
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Hey Don!

Shoot me a pm about Hank Lees. Just curious!

Mike Smile
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Quote:
On 2009-08-29 12:19, magicman1 wrote:
Still looking to purchase

Not a big fan of Hank Lees

Don

This may be off topic but...

Peter Nardi's Alakazam (USA) is my personal favorite provider. Everything I've ever gotten from them has been a winner. I generally preferentially check them first.

I think of Hank Lee a lot like Tannen's in NYC. (Whereas Alakazam is more like my dear departed Flosso/Hornman when Al was running it.) Lee's and Tannens are both warehouses. You can get just about anything there of any quality. So its good for finding stuff but you need to know what you are looking for.

The other trick to ordering from HL is to get on their mail list. His list prices tend to be on the high side but he often deeply discounts. I got my TUC on a "40% off any order" weekend.

In terms of order fulfillment and such I have no complaints abt HL. He seems rpetty much average to me.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Quote:
On 2009-08-29 10:36, Adam Keisner wrote:

Thanks.

Not really.... its more like a Slippery Sam in that you can show both side of one of the coins at all times and it goes 1::2 and 2::1 visibly if you want.

If you think of a Sam that you can confidently handle like a single coin when its together and know it wont come apart, that's the general result of this.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Quote:
On 2009-08-29 13:38, pabloinus wrote:
Don, I think you can get it directly from Tangomagic, it is available in their webpage

Samdan: I am a hobbist and for me it is easier to handle than a shell, you end with 2 coins with the push of a finger.

So let me throw a note of caution into this... its a very good gaff but its not a self-working illusion. I find I am having to practice with it to get seamless. Its also best used in combination with other straight coin slights.

So Id say if your a serious amateur, absolutely. If your not at all into coin slights however or don't want to practice much, you might want to pass it by for something more self-working.
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
One can not show both sides of both coins as implied above, at least not in the two I have seen. The difference between the T.U.C and a standard ] are two:
* the ] is held on its ins___ __g___tically with a new (at least to me) design allowing a different method for un]'ing.
* As a consequence of the method for mating the ] & ins___, both have properties that can be used to help ditch them separately.
Not to nitpick, but I would not want someone disappointed with this useful item because they expected, based on the comment above, it to something other than advertised.
I bought it hoping to have half the fun that Mr. Tango seems to have performing with it on his delightful, well scored demo. http://www.tannens.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=7757
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
Tonylew
View Profile
Regular user
Tracy, CA
184 Posts

Profile of Tonylew
Here's a hot tip: Madhatter http://madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/ is selling an official Walking Liberty TUC for $129.95 plus $8 shipping. That is an amazing price for an item with an SRP of $200.00.
faro
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of faro
I have the 2 euro coin version ... good gimmick ... little bit expensive...imho
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Wasn't sure it was going to be worth the money, but it's a lovely little piece of work. Seems pretty limitless in its uses.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » T.U.C. from Tango Magic, my review (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL