The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » What should I do?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Illusionist11
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of Illusionist11
I am in the process of making a "Where do the ducks go" illusion. I have already made the box and the table it sets on...now I just have to make the other table you set the pieces on. I also want to make an illusion for the duck to reappear in. Now, you might of guessed it, but I'm doing a slow mo duck routine...now I know everyone is against people copying, and I know there isn't really an exception, but if it helps I am only doing this for my family, I don't do any shows, I'm only 16. Anyway....what could I make to make the duck reappear...
1. Duck Buckets are way too hard to make
2. I want something that you can see into, but my problem is that when the other stagehand brings the fake duck over to the apparatus(during the slow motion) is that I want people to see in the box or whatever it is...but I don't want them to see him stuffing the duck down into a base...I pretty much have to use a base to hide the stuffed duck and the assistant has to put it in there because I don't think that the weight of the panel coming down will push it down into the base itself....

Okay I know this is really hard to follow, but I want to know if anyone has an idea of what to make to hide the fake duck and then produce the real one.
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
Well... Im not a builder by any means but... My suggestion is to save your money, buy one, and don't do the slow motion thing.

that's kinda David Copperfields thing. You don't wanna be just another clone. Come up with some other presentation.

Best
Brandon
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Well... I'm with Brandon.
Ray Pierce
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Even if you are just performing it for family, I think it would still be improper to appropriate someome else's presentation. I understand how difficult it can be to develop an original presentation for any effect; but it can be done. That's the difference between Magic as a craft and Magic as an Art.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
Abbott's Magic makes a prop that might be what you are looking for. It is called Surrounded Duck Vanish. You could probably use it in reverse. Also take a look at some of the Paul Osborne illusion plans. That being said, I would highly encourage you to come up with a different presentation. If you really have your heart set on the Slo Mo thing I would contact David and Ask for his permission.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
If you want, I'm thinking of selling my Where Do the Rabbits Go. It comes complete with everything including the ATA cases.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Illusionist11
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of Illusionist11
Maybe some people misunderstood the first post...my illusion is pretty much finished...i am just wondering what to build to make a duck reappear in. Thanks for the feedback though!
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
I think that you can find a duck bucket for cheap on one of the many auction sites. I even think I saw one on ebay. Good luck to you and you will have to tell us how it goes.

BYUDAD
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On 2009-08-08 00:31, Illusionist11 wrote:
Maybe some people misunderstood the first post...my illusion is pretty much finished

I don't think anyone misunderstood your post at all. We are trying to help you become a good magician. You have a huge resource online here including some amazing magicians from around the globe and some are actually willing to help you in your journey by trying to guide you towards an ethical and creative path that will make you proud of your accomplishments and a welcome addition to the magical community. I would have loved to have those resources available to me growing up. You have the opportunity to make the best of that and get a solid foundation on which to build a career... or then again you could just rip off a routine and take the quick path to mediocrity. lol... ok, ok... a little over simplification but I hope you get the idea!

Good luck on either decision.
Ray Pierce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » What should I do?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL