The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Loud mouth was on Mighty Powder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Billy Mays bought something Not Seen On TV. Shocking...somebody makes good and throws it all away...really DUMB and so sad for the family.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I wasn't shocked at all Doug.

I thought it was happening because of the mood swings and his behavior on the show he had on Discovery. Then I wrote it off to bad editing, or them trying to create conflict and such.

I do think the family was right though. For them to release the info was completly un professional. There was no reason for it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I never watched that show. Interesting you picked up on that.

But I was being sarcastic when I used the word 'Shocking...'

Seems way too many clebs just can't stay focused on family or career.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
RobertSmith
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of RobertSmith
I'd often wondered what they made OxyClean out of for it to work so well.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Sad to say but the first thing I thought of when I heard he had died was cocaine due to his over-the-top and loud persona. He was known as the top pitchman on TV but I bet that Don Driver could get a fatter hat in person anywhere than Mr. Mays.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
So they admitted he use coke?
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
If dead people didn't want us talking about their personal flaws postmortem, they wouldn't have died.

I can't wait till you guys die! For some of you, that won't be long ('cause you are really old).
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-08-08 16:05, kcg5 wrote:
So they admitted he use coke?

No one "admitted" anything. The coroner's office "reported" that cocaine was a contributing factor in his death. That report is being challenged by his estate and executors.

Bloody irresponsible on the part of the authorities, if you ask me.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
lebowski
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of lebowski
Autopsies of public figures generally become a topic of public record.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-08-08 16:24, Josh Riel wrote:
I can't wait till you guys die! For some of you, that won't be long ('cause you are really old).

That's mean Josh. I'm younger than you, so ha! Smile
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:

I thought the same thing. For what reason would they let it out even if it is true? If it is true it is irresponsible. It is a shame what it has come too with things like this.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I don't believe it was irresponsible at all. Who was irresponsible was Billy Mays. He wasn't forced to use the drug no one put a gun to his head and said you will snort this now or I will blow your *&^0ing brains out! No he took the stupid irresponsible no class choice and screwed up and died from it. He's not a hero he's no one special he's not a role model he's a dead drug addict.
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
Quote:
On 2009-08-12 01:11, RS1963 wrote:
I don't believe it was irresponsible at all. Who was irresponsible was Billy Mays. He wasn't forced to use the drug no one put a gun to his head and said you will snort this now or I will blow your *&^0ing brains out! No he took the stupid irresponsible no class choice and screwed up and died from it. He's not a hero he's no one special he's not a role model he's a dead drug addict.

Can the same be said about Michael Jackson?
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Yes.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I agree stone the answer to that is yes as well.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-08-10 10:58, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:

I thought the same thing. For what reason would they let it out even if it is true? If it is true it is irresponsible. It is a shame what it has come too with things like this.

For me it was not so much that they let it come out, that is the function of the autopsy.

But to claim categorically that the drug use was a contributing factor to his death, days later any such drug use occured seems to me to be, at best, no more than mere speculation, and at worst -an attempt by the authorities to prevent the indemnity of any insurance companies who might be responsible for B. Mays' policies because of <gasps> wicked wicked drugs...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
What I find interesting is there is no real mention anymore of what is known to have happened. The guy was in a near plane crash, goes home, tells his wife he is not feeling well and goes to bed; he then passes away from a heart attack.

It turns out that he had an enlarged heart, increasing the risk of a heart attack. In my mind, the incident on the plane hours before he passed away seems more probable a cause (or contributing factor) than speculation of drug usage on other occasions.

Tony
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
This kind of treatment comes with being famous. Even if the information is obtained illegally, it still is not a crime to publish it and this is not something new, it been this way for along time. Gossip sells!

Famous Tallulah Bankhead quote: "Cocaine isn't habit-forming. I should know — I've been using it for years.
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2009-08-12 20:14, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
What I find interesting is there is no real mention anymore of what is known to have happened. The guy was in a near plane crash, goes home, tells his wife he is not feeling well and goes to bed; he then passes away from a heart attack.

It turns out that he had an enlarged heart, increasing the risk of a heart attack. In my mind, the incident on the plane hours before he passed away seems more probable a cause (or contributing factor) than speculation of drug usage on other occasions.

Tony

Sorry Tony, which medical school did you go to again?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Loud mouth was on Mighty Powder (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL