The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Best Place to Sell Illusions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
I have several illusions that I need to sale. I have used MagicAuction over the year but really do not want to deal with them anymore if at all possible. Are there any other VIABLE choices to advertise? It doesn't look like Magic Café allows such postings. I've check a few sites, but they all look dead.

Thank you for your help!
David Garrity
View Profile
Special user
525 Posts

Profile of David Garrity
The Magic Café does have a 'for sale' section for illusions however you need at least 50 posts to see that section!

Sincerely,
David
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
Ok... that seems a bit odd. Well... here goes post number 2.
Frank Simpson
View Profile
Special user
SW Montana
883 Posts

Profile of Frank Simpson
Be careful to note that they have to be 50 posts that actually contribute something to the discussion of magic, not just idle commentary. The Café is not intended to be a place for passers-by, but a place of community and yes, as it states in the logo, magicians helping magicians.
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
I understand. Hopefully magicians will be helped with a post of illusions for sale.
vj022
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of vj022
Well, there is another option. You can give the illusions away to needy magicians who could use the prop and make sure they get used correctly. You try and sell it on a site, like ebay or even magicauction, you never know who is truely buying it and what they plan on doing with it.
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
Thank you for the information. You are correct that I did find some alternatives listed here, unfortunately most did not seem to be well visited. I did visit Illusion source an, at first glance, it did look like it was well used by the community and their fee of 9% seems a bit high when selling a large illusion like the Table of Death.

I did learn through this post that the Magic Café does have an illusion selling area that I was NOT aware of. Thank you for letting me know. I will most likely try that once I have reached my 50 post threshold to be able to see it.

This was not meant to be an anti Magic Auction post. I simply wanted to be clear that I am looking for an alternative to Magic Auction.
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
AttnPls:

On a side note...You have intentionally left all of your profile information blank, presumably to protect your privacy. Fair enough. But for a guy that is itching to sell things, I would think that you might try and make it a bit easier for people to contact you?

Just a thought.

Chris
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
Sorry, people have been sending private messages. I'll will, of course, be posting the illusions properly as soon as I have appropriate access to that page.
TrickZone
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of TrickZone
PM me
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Best Place to Sell Illusions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL