The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » How about giving kudos to Aronson's Undo Principle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dfeder
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of dfeder
I've followed Lonnie's thread about the Gailbreath Principle and found it very enlightening. I found Nick Trost's book in my library and saw the section on the principle. I can think of a lot of different applications for this.

I also have a lot of fun with Simon Aronson's Undo Principle in his Try the Impossible book. This also has some awesome applications. The first time I did the effect I fooled even myself. Nice to know it takes so little to entertain myself.

But I'd like to hear from others in the forum about this and any other Principles you folks use.

Dov
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Of all of Simon's effects in Try the Impossible that use the Undo Influence control, I like Divide and Conquer the most.
Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1553 Posts

Profile of Cain
It's brilliant, like many of Aronson's things (I picked up the recent issue of MAGIC for his tricks alone, though I have not yet read them). Ortiz has a nice sandwich trick utilizing the UnDo Principle in his Ephemeral Lecture Notes and on his International Lecture DVD.
Ellusionst discussing the Arcane Playing cards: "Michaelangelo took four years to create the Sistine Chapel masterpiece... these took five."

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes: "You know Einstein got bad grades as a kid? Well, mine are even worse!"
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Excellent book!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
A while back I posted a slight modification of Divide and Conquer that makes it play a little snappier.

If you're interested click here

Jack
mimo67
View Profile
Veteran user
France
322 Posts

Profile of mimo67
Great tip Jack ! I already loved the effect but now it's really much easier, congrats for the deep thinking here ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Excellent Jack. I don't know how I missed that post?
Magic is a vanishing art.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » How about giving kudos to Aronson's Undo Principle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL