The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Bamboo Basket Review? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has this product and could share their opinion on it. I am considering this as my first step into the world of illusions. It is made by fairchildmagic.
Those with more experience in illusions than I please let me know your thoughts as well even if you don’t own it. Bamboo Box Vs. Standard Sword Basket

Thanks a bunch
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
Here is a link directly to the basket.
http://www.fairchildmagic.com/fairchild_magic_040.htm
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
You will not be disappointed with Joe's work.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
It looks like a nice item, but I have no idea why he continues to call it a "basket". Let's face it, this doesn't look anything like a basket. Also, given the modern, industrial look of this illusion, the bamboo spikes don't really look like they fit with the rest of the effect. I would decide on a modern theme for the illusion and then replace the bamboo spikes to fit with the rest of the theme.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Hector
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Hector
Hello Ryan,

it looks similar to mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m5FaCA0kg0

And I am so happy with it.
I haven´t bought from Fairchild but I´ve heard the build good stuff so... go for it.

Just my 2c.

Best wishes!
Zakari Asiago
View Profile
Regular user
Panhandle of Florida
183 Posts

Profile of Zakari Asiago
Joe's stuff is built right. He has many years of experience building and trouping a show. He is a good guy to work with, honest and up front.
Zakari Asiago

401 South Ave.

Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
Baskets have come a long way.

we have bob ellis' hindu basket made of ratan.

the only thing I can say about something about that
is thru years of constant useage the ratan becomes
dry and eventually the reeds crack.

this looks well made but personally I think its ugly looking.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
The decor does not do anything for me. The diamond plate edging makes it look more modern and hy tech. Maybe if the panels were predominately black with white stripes it would fit more. But this is all artistic interpretation. I think the point on using bamboo poles versus swords is well taken. You can't be too careful in today's world with what people would think.

I would take off one set of casters and lengthen the legs or make a wooden skid pad for them. This way you could pick up the prop by one edge and wheel it yet it would rest solidly on the pads. Four casters, unless you take the time to lock them all, is a disaster waiting to happen.

Seems like everyone is going back to the basket. This year at Abbott's, it was the year of the basket, poles and blades being shoved into poor assistants.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
If I were having one built, I'd have to go with another motif. He does do custom work, after all. I think that another motif could make this a great looking prop. The example in the photo just looks confused.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Bamboo Basket Review? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL