The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » First restaurant gig coming up soon! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Hi everyone,
I wanted to share the good news with ya'll! I went today and talked with the manager of a Mexican restuarant in my hometown and he agreed to a table hopping gig for next saturday. If everything goes well, we will then sit down and see about a regular schedule!

I am extremely excited about the opportunity and wanted to say thanks for all the advice you all have given in this forum. I have done some tricks in the restaurant before and gotten great reactions from everyone and even had the wait staff stop and watch a few times.

This definitely helped out today, as the Manager was very excited about doing this.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice, and I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

God Bless,
Chad
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Contratulations Chad! Let us know how it goes.

Brian

PS. So, are you going to invite your Youth Group to swing by for a few enchiladas? Smile
Mr Amazeo
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazeo
Good luck! That should be fun. I would also like to suggest an idea that will make you look even better - tell everybody you know to go to the restaurant that night and ask to see you perform. Have them comment to the staff on their way out about how much fun it was. The boss will like you even more.
frank
View Profile
Regular user
Baltimore, MD
109 Posts

Profile of frank
Very nice, Chad! I'm sure it'll be
fun.

Frank
FREE 5 Day Get Your First Restaurant Show Email Mini Course - to sign up...
Send a Blank Email Here:[email]freemagicinfo@getresponse.com[/email]
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Congrats Chad! Just be curteous, keep smiling and above all have fun.

Let us know how it goes
Best of luck to you. Smile
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
Chad,
A couple of things... you may already know this.
Don't approach a table while the guests are dinning, the ideal time is right after they have ordered. Stay out of the staffs way. Don't entertain the staff, the manager is paying them to work. If they ask tell them you would be happy to show them something after their shift.
If there is a large group of servers and they are not busy if you go in before the guests arrive, show them something quick and impressive, ask them to tell their tables how fun your magic is. I hope you enjoy your restraunt entertaining as much as I do.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
My advice is the following...

Though you need to be confident and a bit bold don't try to convert a table-full of non-magic lovers to "love magic".

Your job is NOT to make sure everyone knows how great magic can be when done properly by winning people over.

You might be great and wonderful but if people don't seem interested, don't try to interest them with your magical powers.

Move on to (or choose) a different table that can appreciate what you're doing. There are a million tables of people that will love what you do. Perform for them!!!
Don't give your time to those that don't enjoy magic already. You'll be doing the other tables a dis-service.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Jaime Pirnie
View Profile
New user
Tracy, CA
65 Posts

Profile of Jaime Pirnie
Hey Chad, I'm interested in how things went for you? Please update all of us! Smile

-Jaime
-Jaime
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » First restaurant gig coming up soon! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL