The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Would like feedback on concept / idea. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ELS
View Profile
Regular user
Chicagoland area, IL
191 Posts

Profile of ELS
Hello Viewers,

First let me say I have a lot of respect for those who give feedback in these forums, and that is why I feel comfortable in asking for feedback and brain storming on this concept.

In August I will be putting out a cable TV show on public access called "The Unexplained World" and broadcast in over 40 Chicagoland suburbs. The cable company is waiting for it, as I had a show in the past (different subject matter), that was very popular and ran for three years in over 200 suburbs (ended in 2001).

This new show will deal with the Paranormal, Wicca and Pagan. I also have as a co-producer and co-host, a High Priestess Wicca Witch, plus we have guests on the show.

My idea for myself, is to work into the show - Tarot reading, scrying, palm reading, pendulum use etc.. and for the future a possible seance.

I plan on building my exposure slowly to the public for doing these things, and looking for some feedback or ideas for doing just that.

I also figure that the cable show could open some avenues for me picking up some work in public places etc.. for if I'm going to be there, I will advertise it on the show.

Thank You in advance,
Ed Smile
Were the border between the natural and the supernatural will be nothing any more but fuzzy. http://edwardshanahan.com
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Ed,
You seem to have the concept well worked out; I'm not quite sure just what it is that you are asking for feedback on.
Smile
ELS
View Profile
Regular user
Chicagoland area, IL
191 Posts

Profile of ELS
Quote:
On 2003-06-04 05:35, Peter Marucci wrote:
Ed,
You seem to have the concept well worked out; I'm not quite sure just what it is that you are asking for feedback on.
Smile

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting a response. This is what I'm looking for a feedback on: I plan on building my exposure slowly to the public for doing these things, and looking for some feedback or ideas for doing just that.

With the cable show, I will present the Paranormal in a positive way, if nothing paranormal can be recorded at the site, I will give a history of the paranormal at the site as reported or have a guest do so.

* The question is how I should go about slowly presenting to the public my abilities with readings and such on the show, as I do not want to come off as "someone who just dropped from the sky."

The High Priestess Wicca Witch (who knows I'm in to Bizzare magic etc..), will work the
creating a circle of protection, casting out spirits etc.. as she is a believer and practices what she preaches, but she is also a friend, so she is willing to put up with me, as long as I don't go overboard.

I know when it comes to haunted houses, grave sites at night, ideas from many of the posts by others will come in handy. Like what you say Peter, less is more.

So again * The question is how I should go about slowly presenting to the public my abilities with readings and such on the show, as I do not want to come off as "someone who just dropped from the sky."

Ed Smile
Were the border between the natural and the supernatural will be nothing any more but fuzzy. http://edwardshanahan.com
David_Libertine
View Profile
Regular user
Lake Charles, LA
142 Posts

Profile of David_Libertine
Just a suggestion, but I was around the "wiccan/metaphysical" community for quite a while and they really liked psychometry. Entire evenings were spent sitting around a shop or in someone's living room passing little items around and talking about impressions.

Maybe you could work that in with the readings, etc.
Boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Boy: There is no spoon.
Neo: There is no spoon?
Boy: Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
You might begin by not having you as the one doing the readings or having the abilities.

David has a point: You might want to try shifting the initial emphasis to the object rather than to yourself (i.e., in my "Message from the Titanic," a room key is the method of getting the message, not me.)

After you have established that object do, indeed, carry the vibrations of an event. Move on to your being one of the people who can pick selected vibrations up.

Finally, you can be the person who can pick up ANY vibrations.
Smile
Stuart Cumberland
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Stuart Cumberland
Ed,

Question: Are you doing call-ins or are you taping for rebroadcast?

This will make a difference about what you do.

Why go slow?

I'm frustrated as I write this, as I can't find the source of the quote.. but a famous writer once said that if your story is starting to drag, have someone kick down the door and run in guns ablazing!

The fact that you are hosting the show--and you've been successful in the past--puts you automatically in a position of authority. Use it.

Richard Webster convinced me to use Chinese Numerology when doing call ins and it works gangbusters. I use a white board and write in the numbers so that the cameras have a nice visual. It works phenomenally. You get mostly serious calls, but a few wacky ones too.

Ironically, a call in show is a great place for practice. Each caller gets one quick question and brief reading. Everyone "understands" that you can't go into detail as you want to get as many as possible.

If you have guests, have them bring special items from weird places and give them psychometry readings as David mentioned. The older the better. Goes over great.

I predict fame will soon be on your doorstep, and fortunes await you, my friend. And, I appreciate your respect of Wiccans and other beliefs.

Best,

Blair

FREE Newsletter For Mentalists: www.Mental-List.com
ELS
View Profile
Regular user
Chicagoland area, IL
191 Posts

Profile of ELS
Hi Blair,

Thank you for your upbeat response.

The show will be taped for rebroadcast each month. The cable company already has informed me that it will be run every week with a new show each month. The last program I had, it became so popular that they ran it twice a week.

I'm hoping for the same in the future as I feel it will cover subjects that draws or interests even more people.

I received great news yesterday, the High Priestess Wicca Witch who owns her own lounge (Potions), will be moving to a larger location that also provides her use and access to a theather with a stage, bench seating (as in a high school gym).

In the past I offered those here in the forums an opportunity for exposure on the show, and really received little interest, and since we will have a theather to our access - maybe interest will be sparked?

Blair are you out of the IL, area?

Take care and thanks again.
Ed
Stuart Cumberland
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Stuart Cumberland
Quote:
On 2003-06-06 16:53, ELS wrote:
Blair are you out of the IL, area?

Take care and thanks again.
Ed

I'm based in Ottawa Ontario Canada. However I travel extensively for corporate work, and unfortunately, occasionally pass through Chicago Intl.

I love 'Sweet Home Chicago,' but the airport sucks... I camped out there one time for 23 hours!

Would love to help you out with it if we can line it up. These shows are fun to do.

I wish you tremendous success!

Blair

Stage Hypnosis Secrets Revealed:
www.Mental-List.com/masterhypnosis.htm
ELS
View Profile
Regular user
Chicagoland area, IL
191 Posts

Profile of ELS
Blair, Thank you for writing,
I've just got back from 3 weeks in
St. Paul MN, so I'm sorry for the
delay.

Well we will have to get in touch
when your in the Chicagoland area
again.

Take care,
Ed Shanahan Smile
http://theunexplainedworld.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Would like feedback on concept / idea. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL