The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Cheap Side Table or Close-up Stand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I was recently in K-Mart and discovered an accent table that would work as a side table for a magic show. I know how everyone on the Café likes to save money on merchandise. I thought I would share my findings.

This is the accent table that has been around for some time now. It is only a round table top, about 20" in circumference, and stands about 25" high. It comes with 3 detachable legs that are screwed on the underside of the table top.

For the home you can purchase a round tablecloth that when place over the table, the cloth just touches the floor.

They were $12.00 at K-Mart, but I found one at Family Dollar Store with heavy duty legs for $8.00.

I have take the hard ware off one of these table tops and attached it to my magic table base. The top wood is only particle board so it is best to paint the wood with 'Bin' white paint primer, then you can glue felt to the top or paint the top and legs any color you desire.

These are a good choice for side tables when working a trick that requires a table of its own for the handling.

I find these tables good for the standing close-up magician that has a close-up case that converts to a working service and case. It becomes a good height for showing you tricks.

So try it you have only $8.00 to loose if you do not like it. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Cheap Side Table or Close-up Stand (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL