The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking in Worcester Mass? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of Christopher Rinaldi
Anybody know if Worcester Ma. would be a good city to busk in, I may find myself staying there for awhile.

Anybody know?
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Hey Chris...

I lived in Worcester for a lot of years... I just left last March. (I bought.. and worcester is not a good place to buy)

Worcester is not good for busking... You have Elm Park and Greenhill park... and while I was able to get out there and perform for people... There is not a lot of foot traffic... Mostly the same people hanging out in the park for the day.

You can't perform a sidewalk show...with any sizable crowd cause the cops will just break it up. Your best bet if you wanted any kind of hats would be to try to do a stand up routine... after the bars get out... but do something working from your pockets so you could just walk away if it got broken up.

All in all you can get good performing experiance out in Worcester... but no hats... and your not really getting the experiance of building a crowd. If you wanna get out there and practice new stuff, its all right. But not really to busk.

Boston is only 45 mins from worcester... got some nice spots out there. If you want to get some real face time in front of a crowd... that is where you need to be.

If your local sometime shoot me a PM we could exchange some ideas..

Best
Shawn
Shawn.
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of Christopher Rinaldi
Ninja Style Busking...I like it, this I can manage.

As for experience, I'll finally have enough after I'm dead, so by then it probably won't matter will it? Hahahahahahaha!

Glad to have the info, I won't expect much, but I will try and have fun I guess.

You see me and my son are going to Umass Medical Memorial Center, he may be admitted and may need to stay for a while. Since I am not sick I thought there may be times to wander around Worcester and do my thing given the opportunity. If not I may do some stuff in the hospital for patients, maybe both. That is unless what is wrong with my son is so serious that it will warrant me being with him 24/7.

(mind you all, he totally understands my affliction)

If that is the case I will not worry about performing in the least, but man, I've done the hospital thing so many times before...it get's boring as all get out being there.
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
I'm sorry to hear about your son... My sons turning 5 in october.

I wish your son well. All the best Chris.

My offers still open if you end up in worcester at UMass... Greenhill is just right down the road.

Shawn
Shawn.
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Hey Christopher, sorry to hear about your son,... hopefully you WON`T be spending much time in Worcester!,... but, if you drop anchor there, you might want to think about playing in and around the Uni/Hospital. Lots of folks with time on their hands.

One of my first tickles was in the University of Slipery Rock (north of Pittsburgh). I used the play in Mensa (mess hall), at the tables during lunch. It was a fun time.

I understand Harry Anderson used to drop his hat, out west, on university campuses, as well.

all the best for you and your son,
gallagher
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Christopher, you might want to mention your son when passing the hat. Maybe holding a picture of him will help you collect more donations.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking in Worcester Mass? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL