The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busked Alaska? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

flooglestreet
View Profile
New user
New York
63 Posts

Profile of flooglestreet
Smile Anybody played Alaska? I have heard that a person can do quite well there if they are any good.
If ya wanna be the Top Banana, Ya gotta start at the bottom of the Bunch (Johnny Mercer)
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
How many months of the year can you work there?

Or are you not talking about Street Busking?

People there must meet someplace during the winter season, since they have so much of it.

Are you talking about working inside?

Either way, I guess, if you are good, you can make money almost anywhere.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
flooglestreet
View Profile
New user
New York
63 Posts

Profile of flooglestreet
Nope, BroDavid, I mean working the streets. It's warm enough in the summer. I can work elsewhere in the winter.
If ya wanna be the Top Banana, Ya gotta start at the bottom of the Bunch (Johnny Mercer)
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
The only person I've heard of playing there was Presto (Earl Johnson) from NY. Don't think he worked the streets though. I think he worked in the bars and clubs.

Best thoughts,
John Smetana Smile
Jesse Dains
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Jesse Dains
I haved worked Alaska a lot as a pitchman but not busking.I have been there over a dozen times and lived there over 5 years the last time. I would point out that the population is not very high. I would stay out of Fairbanks. Anchorage is a better bet. The state fair in Palmer might be the best bet there. If you do bar or restaurant Magic that might be the best bet for finding tourists. It is a great place to see. Good luck. …………….Jesse
flooglestreet
View Profile
New user
New York
63 Posts

Profile of flooglestreet
Thanks all, especially Jesse. Anchorage is good one or two days out of the week. However, I have had a very warm reception here, (friendly, not Salem) and may have a good daily pitch soon.Unusually cold summer and that hurts, but I have a lot of chance to grow here. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busked Alaska? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL