The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Confusion with log in and who I am (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day

I have been a member for some time but I lost my password and have had trouble sorting it out, so for a long time I have just been reading posts and not contributing.

Today, I managed to log in again with a new password, but when I attempted to update my profile with an easy to remember password and also to update my email address the system informs me that my password is incorrect and that the new email address is already taken by someone else.

I think that what I have done is, in the past I have opened a new account, (which I have lost track of), and my new email address is on that profile and therefore I am unable to use it on my legitimate profile.

I would like to delete the other membership that I starter and continue with my original membership and simply update the password and email address etc.
This does sound confusing, I hope you can help.

Yours sincerely
Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob)
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Hi Bob,

I found your other identity, deactivated it, and manually changed your email address so as to bypass the email filters in the scripts. Please check your user information to make sure all is correct. You should be able to update your password now. Let me know if the email address is not correct, and I'll change it again if need be.

Mary Smile
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day Mary

I am no longer confused. You are a legend. Thanks

Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob)
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Smile Glad I could un-confuse you, Bob.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Confusion with log in and who I am (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL