The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Refreshing a Nielsen Bottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Hey guys,

I have a Nielsen Champagne bottle that is starting to look a little out of shape. It isn't really bad, but it just isn't coming back into shape very well after shows. Is there a way to freshen these bottles up so they regain their original shape?

Thanks for the help,
Richard
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
These bottles are made of vinyl. So you should be able to heat then in hot water and put a can inside. When it cools should recover. You may have to do it several times.

If you creased the the vinyl I doubt it will be fixable. If you has something heavy on it for a long time this may have damaged it permanently.
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Thanks Bill, I'll give it a try. It isn't creased, just starting to get more oval shaped than round.

Thanks,
Richard
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
That happens to my ketchup bag, put in hot water, then change dramatically to cold water and fills inside with newspaper that refits his shape...next ( I'm not kidding) put it in the refrigerator. Mines after this treatment looks very well!
I hope this helps,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Someone also shared that the stickiness that sometimes occurs if the bottle has been in a warm place can be "cured" with Armor All. It works!
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Thanks everyone for the help. It turns out that the open end of the champagne bottle fit perfectly over the end of a hair dryer. When I turned on the dryer, the air pressure pushed out the sides. When the vinyl felt warm to the touch, I turned off the dryer and the bottle was in much better shape. After a couple more warm ups, the bottle was in like new shape. I was worried the dry heat might make the vinyl crack, but it looks like if you don't let the bottle get too hot, this method works very well.

Thanks,
Richard
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Quote:
On 2009-09-03 07:17, ClintonMagus wrote:
Someone also shared that the stickiness that sometimes occurs if the bottle has been in a warm place can be "cured" with Armor All. It works!

With Lighter Fluid too!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Refreshing a Nielsen Bottle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL