The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Clink Contest...And The Winner Is.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
I wish I had unlimited wealth (and both kids out of college) so I could hand out the $100 prize to more than one of you, as there were so many good entries. A few come to mind, off the top of my head (there were many others):

Christopher Williams - Your lovely coin work used in concert with Clink looked like a miracle. Bravo.

Tom Paxton - what a great bare-hand coin production. I have only a vague grasp of what must be going on, but I don't know for sure!

Max Maximus: Producing three coins from different countries one at a time?! Man, that looks great and I don't know what you're doing.

And the really oddball ideas...? SO GREAT.

Jon Allen - Such a clever idea, using the gaff openly...and I had to watch it several times to get even a clue as to what the heck was going on.

Bizzaro - I LOVE your trick...so novel and unexpected...and I'm still fooled. Popping a single kernel of popcorn without cover! A perfect TV trick.

Perl Lee - Another offbeat and COMMERCIAL use of Clink, this time with a cup of coffee. Lovely!

Tom Cutts - I have no idea how you did that AMAZING pk effect with the half dollar. Beautiful and elegant.

Kevin Reylek - That bill change looks like magic - if this was in a movie it would appear to be an example of amazing sleight of hand. Don't know the set-up - you got me!

John Stevens - A rising card? So clever and unexpected!

Picking a winner is almost ridiculous, as there were such different approaches, but I must choose as I promised I would. By the way, fooling me played no part in my decision.

The $100 prize goes to...

Jerry Dunn

Jerry, not only was your approach way off the beaten path, it possesses a What the $^%#*(@ quality that cannot be ignored. I have to think of how to frame the effect, but as is there is something wonderful about the economy of motion and combination of elements, especially the sight of a loose fluttering silk just before the vanish of EVERYTHING. It's that "everything" element that got me, I think. It reminds me of the Mascot Moth! PM me with a mailing address and I'll get your prize to you.

For those of you who fooled me, I'd love to know the details of what you're doing, but it's your call whether or not you share with me or anyone else! If you want to share, why not start a thread?

A thanks to all who entered. It was a lot of fun to see the videos as they came in.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
* * * C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S * * * Jerry Dunn.

Also heartiest congratulations to all those who took part in the contest. I have personally learnt a lot from your thoughts & creativity captured on video.

Last but not the least, a big THANK YOU to you David.

Well-done everybody! Keep it up!! Smile

How Do WE Clink! Smile Smile

Smile
P.S. I have been closely monitoring the thread on “Get "Clink Gold" for free...and possibly win $100"
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Congratulations to all! Will someone please add a post here containing links to each of the routines in the contest?

Hey David... looking forward to meeting you in Portland later this month!
Perl
View Profile
Veteran user
Taiwan
376 Posts

Profile of Perl
Congrats Jerry Dunn! An awesome take on the great utility clink!
Thanks Mr. David Regal for giving and sharing such a great time here in magic Café!

Thanks everyone for all the input! :]

Perl Lee
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Jerry- Congratulations! Terrific work. Well deserved.
And thanks to David Regal for providing us the opportunity to share our enthusiasm for your effect.

John
Gordon Bean
View Profile
V.I.P.
103 Posts

Profile of Gordon Bean
Congratulations, Jerry. That looks wonderful! (To see it, just search Youtube.) And this whole Clink Experience has been a great breeze of positive energy, so thanks to David as well.
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
939 Posts

Profile of andykean
Brilliant well deserved
thanks again to David for clink!
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Congratulations to Jerry, and all those that submitted entries!
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Well done to Jerry. It was a routine where I reckon everyone immediately watched it again to try and get some idea of what just happened. Personally I had him in second place ;-)

David, I'd be happy to share the exact method or at least fill in any gaps for you. Not sure the best way to go about it.

Oh, with regards more than one person getting $100, I'd be more than willing to wait until your kids are out of college ;-)
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Congrats Jerry,

A fab routine and deserved winner.
maxmaximus
View Profile
New user
austria
93 Posts

Profile of maxmaximus
Congrats to all those who took part...especially to jerry!!!

to quote john allen:

David, I'd be happy to share the exact method or at least fill in any gaps for you. Not sure the best way to go about it...

greetz
max
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Congratulations Jerry! Excellent job!

There were so many great ideas from everyone. Thank you all for sharing! Big thanks again to David Regal for being so generous with his Clink!

Bosco
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Congrats Jerry, you started clean and ended clean I felt that would be very important and you did it very well.

Thanks David for sending out Clink to us, this was a good idea all around!

When John Allen posted his I slapped myself on the forehead and said WHY DIDENT I COME UP WITH THAT!!

Good Job All!

Floyd
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Congratulations to everyone that entered, especially Jerry! Been happily going through all the other entrants this afternoon to see what others came up with Smile

Thanks David for the mention

All the best

Chris
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Gawrshh.

Thank you, David, for picking my clip! Thanks to everyone who posted such nice comments about it, too. I really enjoyed all the entries.

I don’t claim any big originality for the vanish in my routine. I took an existing method and extended it to vanish multiple loose coins -- which the Clink! apparatus allows.

Thanks to David’s contest, we’ve all seen that Clink! enables an amazing variety of effects. And many of them fooled the heck out of me, which was a pleasure.

I’d be happy to reveal the workings of my routine – again, it’s an evolution, not a creation, but I guess that’s how magic inches forward.

I’d love to know how other effects were done, too, if the contestants are willing and if we can figure out the proper way in an open forum like this. A thread in Secret Sessions?

Congratulations to everyone, and thanks for giving us some wonderful moments of magic with Clink!

Cheers,
Jerry
Perl
View Profile
Veteran user
Taiwan
376 Posts

Profile of Perl
: ] I am more than willing to share with everyone too, just don't know exactly how to go about doing it... :]

Once again, bravo everyone!

Perl Lee
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Thanks David for the the fun contest and for sharing your Clink with so many. Jerry congrats on the win and it was nice to see such creativity by our fellow brothers.

I would say that CrackerJack the cat looked easier to work with than my partner;) Though just so you know Darryl was just acting so no alcohol was harmed in the making of our video.

Clink away,
Mike
Entertainer
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Congratulations Jerry for such a startling entry. WOW!

Kudos to all the creative minds who showed just how flexible Clink can be.

Finally, thank you David, for your gratiousness. Look what you have given life to.

Cheers,

Tom
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
I'm willing to make another video with CrackerJack using David's "Plumber's Helper" if he wants to sponsor another contest!:-)

John
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Congratulations Jerry! Awesome use Clink. Well done Sir!
What a fantastic contest and fun time. Look at the contest thread. Not one flame or negative comment. Maybe Clink is the answer to world peace!
Thank you David Regal for such a fun time,
James
ps
I am going to upload some more Clink ideas under the "How do I Clink?" title.
I have another idea that might be fun.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Clink Contest...And The Winner Is.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL