The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New effect Thom Bleasedale Cover Songs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

enigmagik32
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of enigmagik32
Hi all came across this the other day, Glad you finally released this Thom, Caught me big time with this, Cut and pasted from his website. in bed with Chest infection :-(

A close up routine from the mind of Thom Bleasdale
(creator of The Tommypad, Lightwish, ‘Totally free will’ and ‘Car’)

"I absolutely love this! I honestly think this is my favorite of your creative ideas (and that is saying something). I love the incorporation of multiple effects, built around a topic you love. Anything that one is passionate about is great fodder for creative ideas, but this is wonderfully logical and congruent (and the use of each of the methods just makes so much sense). Your routine gives a logical reason to perform an “information test” with something that could be on your person. What’s more is that you get so much while these items are in play, with a harmony of methods. This is outstanding." - Sean Waters

"Really great stuff. The combination of different methods makes this routine super slick, and what a great example of dressing methods up into a unique presentation that can be used anywhere once made up. I don't endorse anything unless I really like it. And I really like this!" - Don Theo III

"A great piece of Mentalism, with scope for a variety of performance styles - Music to my ears..." - Iain Dunford

With a theme of music that anyone can relate to, Thom Bleasdale’s ‘Cover Songs’ is a wonderful close up or stage routine using four specially designed CD covers. With three phases, each stronger than the last, and a set of props that appear totally natural and normal that fit in the pocket, ‘Cover Songs’ is the perfect piece for those performers that want something more interesting than the usual set of mind reading props.

It is perfect for walk-around in any situation, it can be done anywhere (although a table or a third persons hands are useful for the first phase). There is no reset, and as the participants handle the CD’s they suspect nothing.

Using three classic mentalism techniques in the one routine, Cover songs is a ready designed professional looking set of CD covers and CD labels, in three different genres - Classical, Jazz and Blues, and Rock. A set for almost any audience.

There are no forces, nothing is written down, no sleight of hand is needed, and there are no visible gimmicks to speak of. A small amount of memory work is helpful although not absolutely essential.

Thom Bleasdale has been published internationally (Kenton Knepper, Richard Busch, Innermind Productions) and has developed a reputation for individual thinking and a deep respect for the classics and past masters. A student of Eugene Burger and Jeff McBride, Thom is always trying to make his experiences mean more. That is why he created ‘Cover Songs’. He LOVES music, and so does almost everyone else!

"I have been performing ‘Cover Songs’ for a year and a half now and the reactions are consistently wonderful. People love the musical theme, and your audiences will almost always know the performers that are referred to. I have performed this for Tito Jackson, Amy Newton, John Williams, Jason Mraz and Newton Faulkner, and they all loved it!
Sometimes, more than you may think, you get someone who really loves one of the tracks listed. Performing this for those people is just magical.
I have worked very hard to make these sets, it has taken a lot of time and testing, and I hope you will appreciate the effort that has gone into this project.
If you perform close up and you love music, then you will love ‘Cover Songs’." - Thom Bleasdale

The Phases:

Phase 1 - One of Three CD’s is thought of, the CD’s are mixed around, and the chosen one is divined without any questions.
Phase 2 - The participant thinks of any one of the Artists listed on the front of one of the four CD’s, and the thought of artist is divined cleanly through a process that looks like real mind reading, with no pumping.
Phase 3 - The participant thinks of a song title from the track listing on one of the CD’s, and you put it together bit by bit. The manuscript includes scripting which demonstrates how this process appears to be real mind reading to the participant.

Artists and composers list:

Classical set: Sibelius, Tchaikovsky, Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Elgar, Vivaldi, Stravinsky, Mendelssohn, Holst, Grieg, Chopin, Berlioz, Rachmaninov, Debussy

Jazz and Blues set: Dave Brubeck, Louie Armstrong, Benny Goodman, Charlie 'Bird' Parker, Muddy Waters, Thelonious Monk, Buddy Guy, Ray Charles, Billie Holiday, Miles Davis, Ella Fitzgerald, Albert Collins, Freddy King, Dizzy Gillespie, BB King

Rock and Metal set: Fugazi, Motorhead, Guns ‘n Roses, Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, The Doors, The Who, Red Hot Chili Peppers, NIN, Primus, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, AC/DC, Rage against the machine

http://www.thombleasdale.com/coversongs.html
AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
394 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
Does this work in any language?

-Aleksi Hietanen
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
Yes it will work in any language, as the things to think of are names of artists and bands.

Although it should be clear that the song titles are only in English so people from other countries may not know the words, but that would not be a big problem with the western alphabet.
AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
394 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
Thanks for answering. That's what I thought - just wanted to make sure before I invest in this Smile

-Aleksi
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
I just got this messaage from Eugene Burger:

"What a clever combination of principles and prior effects! A marvelous witch's brew. And you have put it all into a very different format with the CDs. I also very much like the progression of the three effects. Very good."

Thank you to all who have bought this!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New effect Thom Bleasedale Cover Songs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL