The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Help with Jumbo Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AlexMack24
View Profile
New user
Auckland, New Zealand
56 Posts

Profile of AlexMack24
I'm hoping to use Jumbo (Big Bicycle) Cards for a routine.

I need some kind of sticky substance (wax, tape, etc) that will allow some (around 4) cards to act as a double but that will also allow me to break the double during the performance (and then recreate the double).

What do you guys recommend? Also, if you do recommend a material, how often do you think I'll need to replace it? (Eg adding more wax, reapplying DS tape, etc)

Thanks
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Roughing fluid? Works for most every other card trick where cards have to temp stick together. B.T.W. I hope you have the Bicycle cards in jumbo if that's what your heart is set on. Because the Jumbo Bicycle decks are no longer being made.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Working on Juan Tamariz's Three Card Monte?
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
As for how often you will have to replace what you use to make them stick?

Depends on a few things. Mostly how often are you going to be performing this? If it's every night. 5-7 days a week. Your going to have to replace it more often then if you were only doing it here and there at best once a week. If you will be using tape depends. you may have to replace it once a night or before each evening's performance. If your doing walk around and will be using it several times an evening I would say tape may need to be replaced at least once a day before you start.

Asking how long something will last in a lot of cases is not going to help and each person is different and what maybe not working as well for you after ten performances maybe still perfect for another. So the how long is not a good question to ask.
AlexMack24
View Profile
New user
Auckland, New Zealand
56 Posts

Profile of AlexMack24
Yes it is for Juan's 3 Card Monte.

And I do have the Jumbo Bicycle Cards already.

Roughing fluid is a good idea that I hadn't thought of. Whatever I choose, it also needs to be something that won't damage the faces/backs of the cards with time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Help with Jumbo Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL