The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Instant Radio (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1608 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
I use mine with my radio routine (posted earlier). It works great.

Ron
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2010-01-23 10:52, DutchFrank wrote:
Just recieved the Radio.

It was worth waiting for!
30 minutes after arrival I showed my son (18 yrs.) that the fillings in my teeth conducted the radio-waves trough a wire to an antenna (paperclip).

His question was:"Does that work with my dental braces as well? Smile

Hey!...That's my bit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB8hiaVGFbw

Smile Just kidding.Glad you are having some fun too Frank.

Happy trails.
Rich
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Shadid is a nice guy with excellent customer service . I bought Instant radio from a Café member & it was defective . I sent Shahid an email & he is sending me a replacement ! He got back to me right away & answered all my emails . The bottom line is he backs his product no matter what .
Tophatter
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Agreed ... Service next to none! And operating from overseas.

Jim
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
I'm hoping the service is as good as everyone says - I had only used my radio for about ten minutes when it stopped working completely. I'll be contacting Shahid promptly for a replacement/refund.
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
Update: Shahid has contacted me and agree to replace the unit. Customer service seems to be excellent indeed!
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
357 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
There is another Instant Radio Thread HERE that has some additional info and routining suggestions.

Cheers!

** Bill **
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
357 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
Greetings!

Has anyone played with the FM transmitter idea mentioned earlier in this thread? It would be a great way to use an iPod or an iPhone to transmit music or any recorded sound you want to your Instant Radio instead of being stuck with some arbitrary FM station. It would also fix the no signal problem in locations where you can't get a FM radio station as mentioned by at least one person in this thread.

I took out my iPod and FM transmitter and experimented with this a bit. While I was successful at times with the Instant Radio picking up the signal from my FM transmitter on my iPod, the procedure was not reliably repeatable.

It may help to understand the algorithm Instant Radio uses to scan for stations because you could then choose the first station in its search algorithm on your iPod transmitter so you would be guaranteed of a station lock. I had problems where Instant Radio would lock onto some other station (and in some tests it wasn't even a strong station), and would not receive the signal from my FM Transmitter even though it was only inches from the Instant Radio antenna.

Has anyone else played with this idea yet?

** Bill **
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
Again, the customer service was excellent. But the product itself, well, I wasn't as impressed as everyone else seems to be. My biggest problem was the autoscan feature. I live in an area with GREAT reception but often had issues getting a station. Or keeping one locked in! Maybe it was just me or my radio in particular, but I found myself wanting a dial so I knew what station I'd be getting.

One of my friends is having this problem to. His words: "Standing there trying to perform this and getting nothing while it scans to find a station makes you look like a fool." I agree.

Maybe version 2.0 could include a feature which would allow you to bypass the autoscan and use a standard tuner if desired?
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Question:

1. Do I have to always wear a loose jacket?
2. How about long sleeve shirt?
3. Can I do this wearing short sleeve shirt or even a T-shirt?

Thanks.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
Hi failed magician,
no you don't have to wear a loose jacket
long sleeve shirt is fine
haven't tried with short sleeve shirt or t-shirt. It would work, however the sound would be different, PM me and I will explain.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2009-09-10 23:08, Pete Biro wrote:
The Ken Brooke one was activated by arm pressure against your body, covered by the body language. I think I still have it in storage.

I recall Doc Dixon, I believe, if memory serves, a while back had an effect called "Birthday Boogie Woogie Beepin Bugle" Or something to that effect. It was a way of making any object play the happy birthday tune.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2010-04-09 00:58, Failed Magician wrote:
Question:

1. Do I have to always wear a loose jacket?
2. How about long sleeve shirt?
3. Can I do this wearing short sleeve shirt or even a T-shirt?

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMmUoFxlQI0&NR=1
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
655 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
Quote:
On 2010-04-09 12:03, daffydoug wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-09-10 23:08, Pete Biro wrote:
The Ken Brooke one was activated by arm pressure against your body, covered by the body language. I think I still have it in storage.

I recall Doc Dixon, I believe, if memory serves, a while back had an effect called "Birthday Boogie Woogie Beepin Bugle" Or something to that effect. It was a way of making any object play the happy birthday tune.

As much as I am loathe to admit this ... that product you mentioned... released close to 20 years ago ... died a well-deserved retail death.

Let us never discuss it again.

DD
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
OK Doc! I apologize if I hit upon a nerve. I'm truly sorry and didn't mean to.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
655 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
Quote:
On 2010-04-10 20:29, daffydoug wrote:
OK Doc! I apologize if I hit upon a nerve. I'm truly sorry and didn't mean to.

Doug,

No apology necessary (except from me for releasing that product).

Best,

DD
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Instant Radio (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL