The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Multiplying Golf Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

adam_wolfe
View Profile
New user
england
20 Posts

Profile of adam_wolfe
Does anyone know how to make multiplying balls out of golf balls?

I suppose this may seem like I'm asking for a secret so I will re phrase my question.

Does anyone know how to stretch golf ball casing?
B-MAN
View Profile
New user
Luxembourg
72 Posts

Profile of B-MAN
I have not done this but the best way I can think of is to cut a s**** out of one and put it in really hot water then press it over one of the others. This may take a few times.

Hope this helps
" No matter what you accomplish in this life.... the size of your funeral will be determinded by the weather " Gizzard

G.B.T.S.
BryanDreyfus
View Profile
Loyal user
293 Posts

Profile of BryanDreyfus
Unless you firm up the casing it will not be stiff enough.

Almost a better idea to cast your own S*** with one of those liquid plastic jobbies they have out now. You could cast the whole set for uniformity.

Bryan
Oh sure, I can spell "Antidisestablishmentarianism", but I can't type t-h-e.
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
One of Dan Harlan's pack / big play small shows you how to make a golf balls set using the balls from a kids play set as the gimmick.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
DoveDude
View Profile
New user
Australia
7 Posts

Profile of DoveDude
If you want a perfect shell you need to look into a process called vacuum forming. It involves a sheet of polyurethane and some heat. There is a lot of information about this on the net. Good Luck!
Nothing is ever what is seems.
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
I made some shells with Bondo. You have to wax the ball before you apply the Bondo, otherwise it will not come off the ball. After it dries you sand to finish and paint. I am not sure how the dimples would turn out you could use a Dremal tool.

I saw a site on vacuum forming and you could use your oven and a shop vac.

here is a link.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Shadow Dancer
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
61 Posts

Profile of Shadow Dancer
Quote:
On 2003-06-07 17:52, B-MAN wrote:
I have not done this but the best way I can think of is to cut a s**** out of one and put it in really hot water then press it over one of the others. This may take a few times.

Yeah, I think that this would be the best way.
'The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.'
<br> AlbertEinstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Multiplying Golf Balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL