The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » In Memory, Not In Service (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Today the 11th, is a day for solemn Memory of a dark day for us all eight years ago. Community organizing can take a day off today despite what comes out of the clueless politicians in Washington.

3000+ of us are missing for a reason that can't be buried in rhetoric or political marketing.

There was no left or right to the target. It was ground zero. On the 12th we were all one. Remember?
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
I will never forget...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Aye - Never.
.:Michael Kelley
On the Level, By the Square
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
We can all recall exactly where we were and what we were doing at the time and how it felt.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
What I will never forget is going home to New York City 3 months after the event. I was expecting to find a city in depression. Instead I found a city made strong and bonded by a refusal to lie down and give up. Bless all those who perished, and their families who carry on with one less chair at the table.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
I was a freshmen in high school, in a business law class when I saw the towers in smoke and eventually collapse. I was very angry..and would have joined the US Military right then and there- but I was 15 years old at the time.

9/11/01
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
It will be forever burned into my memory.
Mister Mystery
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Quote:
On 2009-09-11 08:47, Doug Higley wrote:
Today the 11th, is a day for solem Memory of a dark day for us all eight years ago. Community organizing can take a day off today despite what comes out of the clueless politicians in Washington.

3000+ of us are missing for a reason that can't be buried in rhetoric or political marketing.

There was no left or right to the target. It was ground zero. On the 12th we were all ONE. Remember?
Thanks Doug!
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
That was when I was working days at the cemetary. I arrived at work and my boss was standing in the breakroom, completely still. Odd for him. The TV was on and everyone started staring at the TV as they showed up for their shift.
After fifteen minutes of silence my boss turned and said, "Well, get to work."
Words of wisdom.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Quote:
On 2009-09-11 09:46, slyhand wrote:
We can all recall exactly where we were and what we were doing at the time and how it felt.

Oh yeah. I was at the driving range and came in to get another bucket of balls. The guy pointed at the TV screen. The term "surreal" can't even begin to describe it. I'll never forget that morning.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
While remembering the event is a given...when I said 'remember' above, I meant the Oneness we all felt that next day...9/12. All the bogus issues fostered by phony, crooked, self serving politicians were ignored...there was America...we had each others back despite the petty disagreements which on that day were wisps.

While 9/11 is embedded, it is 9/12 that needs to be recalled and pondered...
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » In Memory, Not In Service (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL