The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My take on John Bannon's "Dawn Patrol" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

qureyoon
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of qureyoon
My take on "Dawn Patrol" by John Bannon

Youtube Link

Critics, comments, bash appreciated ^_^

Please, do suit the timing of the patter yourself Smile
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
It was good, but what made it yours, it looked just like the write up.
qureyoon
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of qureyoon
SIX, thanks for the feedback. Hmm.. maybe the title is misleading, basically this was shot/take on John Bannon's effect that is performed by me :/ Don't know if this make sense or not :/

Anyway, yup, it is based on the write up Smile
martin1025
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of martin1025
Dawn Patrol is one of my favorites. I would suggest working a little more in the faro; tapping the packets 5 times is not necessary (1 or 2 maybe). Overall good, I liked the 202nd attempt line; I will use it Smile
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Rather than pulling the sandwich from the spread and setting it atop the spread (which leaves a cluttered picture), I'd suggest that you move the face-down cards away from the sandwich on either side (i.e., gather those to the right of the sandwich into a pile on the far right, and those to the left into a pile on the far left), leaving the sandwich by itself in the middle. It's a cleaner picture than setting the sandwich atop the spread.
qureyoon
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of qureyoon
@Bill: that's a nice suggestion, never thought of the cluttered situation. Thanks for your suggestion.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
My pleasure.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Your handling inspired me enough to purchase DMF (finally)! Along with all the other gems in the book "Dawn Patrol" is just about as cool as it gets! The book arrived yesterday and I've yet to put it down, GREAT read!

Can't wait to get the mechanics down and the polish applied as I'm thinking DP may become a standard for me!

MMc
qureyoon
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of qureyoon
@Mickey: DMF is full of gems ! I like it a lot Smile One of my best purchase.
truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
It was this very effect along with Paul Gordons variation that inspired me to learn the farrow shuffle. This really is a classy magical effect.

Thanks for posting the video
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Soldier,

The shuffle is named after the game of Faro. Farrow means a litter of pigs. Unless you're shuffling newborn piggies, I'd stick to calling it the faro shuffle.

Thanks,
KG

PS, maybe you meant Zarrow shuffle? No?, sorry.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My take on John Bannon's "Dawn Patrol" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL