The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Wild west (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Been booked for a wild west night

although I'm not going to change my repitoire 1 for gig anyone got any cool ideas that can be done on patrons in there wild west gear?

card to holster?
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
nicd
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
164 Posts

Profile of nicd
If you don't mind introducing a challenge you should have a look at "The Quick & The Dead" by Darwin Ortiz from his book Scams and Fantasies with cards.
It would fit perfectly into the wild west theme.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Shell game.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
James Prince Menu of Miracles 3 has bullet hole in card routines - would play even better if someone has a six shooter! I have used this a few times with good reactions, easy to get into & visual.
Charlie
Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
Larry Jenning's "Card in Hat" uses a stetson Smile

If you do "Be Honest..." AKA the two card monte, this could be presented very easily as a themed trick.
"You don't go up to strangers with a stick and come at their head...introduce yourself first, then come at them with a stick." - David Williamson
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
You could do Henry Christ's Dead Mans Hand and put a Marshal's badge on someone to represent Wild Bill Hickok.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
james prince
View Profile
Loyal user
England
233 Posts

Profile of james prince
Puggo has already mentioned my Bullet effect

I would also endorse Shodan's Jennings card in Hat recommendation, it's not hard to do and gets a great reaction

I will add a Benson Bowl type routine with the hat; it makes any final load a breeze as the hat rim provides great cover

Obviously any gambling themed items go well - cards - coins - dice
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
If you don't already do it, Fast and Loose is a great gambling routine that is not very familiar to people. This creates a lot of interest and would work great for a wild west performer.

If you like, I'll send you a copy of my routine to look at. Just send a PM.

Thanks,
Richard
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
First, get your outfit. Then figure out what you can do in it. You probably won't have to change much of anything.

If you are working tables, DON'T do a Benson Bowl with your hat. It is extremely rude to put your hat on someone's table. Of course, if you are strolling with your own table, that changes things.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Rope tricks would seem to fit the Western theme nicely.

Julie
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Bolo ties are very appropriate, and the cord is usable for Ring 0n Sting effects and even cut restored if you have a matching piece. There is a Bulls Eye effect with cards that is quite good and easy for a story about a guy practicing his draw. -- can't remember the name -- oh yeah, Target Practice.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
Use a bandana as your close-up pad...?
james prince
View Profile
Loyal user
England
233 Posts

Profile of james prince
Quote:
On 2009-09-25 05:46, Bill Palmer wrote:
If you are working tables, DON'T do a Benson Bowl with your hat. It is extremely rude to put your hat on someone's table. Of course, if you are strolling with your own table, that changes things.

Bill, pretty much everything I've ever read of yours is right...

Why is it rude to put your hat on someone's table?

Is there was a meal involved I guess there could be a hygiene issue

Or is it just a tradition thing like not wearing brown shoes to a funeral?
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Most people may have hair in their hat.

Harris doesn't have to worry to much about that, said Nigel the puppet that rocks.

Production of harmonici...and then some short western tunes.

Harris
Yeeeeeeeeee Haw
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Wild west (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL